Recipe courtesy of Taste And Smile.
Afternoon Booster: Afternoon Snacking Recipe. Hello friends. So are you looking for an Afternoon Booster, today?
Feel like you need a bit of a mid-afternoon boost to keep you going for a couple of hours? Try this satisfying snack!
To celebrate Fairtrade Fortnight (27th Feb – 12th March) and this year’s ‘Break’ theme, we have some delicious snacking recipes from Tate & Lyle Sugars using Tate & Lyle Fairtrade Light Brown Sugar.
Afternoon Booster Recipe:
Preparation: 15 minutes
Cooking: 8 minutes
Makes approximately 20
50g ground almonds
200g desiccated coconut
50g salted pistachio nuts, chopped
1 large egg white
50g pumpkin seeds
2tbsp Lyle’s Golden Syrup
50g Tate & Lyle Light Soft Brown or Light Muscovado Sugar
1-2tbsp dried raspberry flakes (optional)
How To Make This Recipe:
1. Firstly, preheat the oven to 190°C, fan oven 170°C Gas Mark 5.
2. Tip the coconut into a dry frying pan and cook over a high heat for 1-2 minutes, stirring with a wooden spoon, to toast lightly. Cool for 5 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, use a fork to lightly whisk the egg white in a mixing bowl. Stir in the coconut and add the ground almonds, pistachio nuts, pumpkin seeds, Tate & Lyle Light Soft Brown or Light Muscovado Sugar and Lyle’s Golden Syrup.
4. Spoon the mixture into a silicone mini muffin tray (or similar) to make approximately 20, cooking in batches if necessary. Transfer to the oven and bake for 8 minutes.
5. Cool, then ease the treats from the tray. Sprinkle the dried raspberry flakes on top (if using).
Last but not least; keep in an airtight tin for up to 2 weeks.
Cook’s tip: You could use chopped almonds, hazelnuts or peanuts instead of the pistachios.
If you prefer, tip the whole mixture into a lined 23cm square cake tin and bake for 10-12 minutes. Cut into squares when cool.
So what do you think of this recipe? Afternoon Booster recipe courtesy of Taste And Smile.
All yummy recipes: All Food And Drink Recipes.
Did You Also See:
Firstly, Chocolate Banana And Crunchy Peanut Butter Superfood Plus Smoothie: I made this yummy smoothie up a few days ago with some of the new Chocolate Superfood plus.
So have you heard of this before? Chocolate Banana And Crunchy Peanut Butter Superfood Plus Smoothie.
Secondly, Nutri Advanced Superfood Plus.
This week Nutri Advanced have just launch their new Superfood Plus: Nutri Advanced Superfood Plus.
You Might Also Like My Latest Posts:
- Polka Dot Suit On The Bears Of Sheffield
- 100 Life Size Elephants Spotted In London
- Bonmarché Printed Jersey Dress With Converse
- 4 Burgers Ideas For Your Summer BBQ Party
- A Battered Mars Bar And What I Really Thought
- 4 Coleslaw Recipes For Your Summer BBQ Party
- What I Wore Wednesday: This Week’s Link Up
- 5 Fun Drink Recipes To Try Out: Great For BBQ’S
- 1907 Link Up Your Favourite Posts This Week
- Snoobear: The Bears Of Sheffield & A Link Up
- 1207 Link Up Your Favourite Posts This Week
- 7 Recipe For Your Summer Picnics & Garden Party’s
- A Walk Up Mam Tor From Castleton In The Peak District
- Wonder Woman Was My Superhero: Who Was Yours?
- What I’m Wearing Wednesday: Wayback Wednesday Post
I hope you like this post? Also hit the tags for more recipes.
If so, why not follow along so you never miss a post? So remember you can also share your thoughts here too in the comments below.