Recipe courtesy of Taste And Smile.
Afternoon Booster: Afternoon Snacking Recipe. Hello friends. So are you looking for an Afternoon Booster, today?
Feel like you need a bit of a mid-afternoon boost to keep you going for a couple of hours? Try this satisfying snack!
To celebrate Fairtrade Fortnight (27th Feb – 12th March) and this year’s ‘Break’ theme, we have some delicious snacking recipes from Tate & Lyle Sugars using Tate & Lyle Fairtrade Light Brown Sugar.
Afternoon Booster Recipe:
Preparation: 15 minutes
Cooking: 8 minutes
Makes approximately 20
50g ground almonds
200g desiccated coconut
50g salted pistachio nuts, chopped
1 large egg white
50g pumpkin seeds
2tbsp Lyle’s Golden Syrup
50g Tate & Lyle Light Soft Brown or Light Muscovado Sugar
1-2tbsp dried raspberry flakes (optional)
How To Make This Recipe:
1. Firstly, preheat the oven to 190°C, fan oven 170°C Gas Mark 5.
2. Tip the coconut into a dry frying pan and cook over a high heat for 1-2 minutes, stirring with a wooden spoon, to toast lightly. Cool for 5 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, use a fork to lightly whisk the egg white in a mixing bowl. Stir in the coconut and add the ground almonds, pistachio nuts, pumpkin seeds, Tate & Lyle Light Soft Brown or Light Muscovado Sugar and Lyle’s Golden Syrup.
4. Spoon the mixture into a silicone mini muffin tray (or similar) to make approximately 20, cooking in batches if necessary. Transfer to the oven and bake for 8 minutes.
5. Cool, then ease the treats from the tray. Sprinkle the dried raspberry flakes on top (if using).
Last but not least; keep in an airtight tin for up to 2 weeks.
Cook’s tip: You could use chopped almonds, hazelnuts or peanuts instead of the pistachios.
If you prefer, tip the whole mixture into a lined 23cm square cake tin and bake for 10-12 minutes. Cut into squares when cool.
So what do you think of this recipe? Afternoon Booster recipe courtesy of Taste And Smile.
All yummy recipes: All Food And Drink Recipes.
Did You Also See:
Firstly, Chocolate Banana And Crunchy Peanut Butter Superfood Plus Smoothie: I made this yummy smoothie up a few days ago with some of the new Chocolate Superfood plus.
So have you heard of this before? Chocolate Banana And Crunchy Peanut Butter Superfood Plus Smoothie.
Secondly, Nutri Advanced Superfood Plus.
This week Nutri Advanced have just launch their new Superfood Plus: Nutri Advanced Superfood Plus.
You Might Also Like My Latest Posts:
- 5 Christmas Log Ideas To Try Out
- Red And Black Outfit Idea For Every Occasion
- Fashionable Moments At SUMMIT One
- 10 Drinks Ideas To Try Out This Christmas
- Polka Dot Jumper And Metallic Pleated Skirt
- 27 Elf Movie Quotes To Brighten Your Day
- Nothing To See Here Just Me Double Dotting
- 25 Polka Dot Quotes To Add A Splash Of Joy
- The Polka Dot Lady Chronicles Begins
- 6 Trifle Recipes To Try: Modern Trifle Recipes
- 4 Christmas Biscuit Recipes For You To Try Out
- 5 Christmas Cupcake Recipes For Your Party
- 11 Mince Pie Filling, Mince Pies How To Make
- 10 Home Made Gift Ideas To Make For Someone
- 10 Tasty Homemade Bread Ideas To Bake
I hope you like this post? Also hit the tags for more recipes.
If so, why not follow along so you never miss a post? So remember you can also share your thoughts here too in the comments below.