Who needs a good reason to make cupcakes?
Especially when it is National Cupcake Week!
14 to 20 September…
We made these chocolaty ones on Sunday, enough to last for a few days!
Chocolate buttercream cupcakes:
You will also need :
- 2 muffin tins.
- 18 cupcake cases.
- Electric mixer.
- Wire rack.
- Cupcake corer or just butter cream tops of cupcakes,
- 200g Self raising flour, sifted
- 200g Caster sugar
- 200g Margarine
- 4 Eggs
For the toppings:
- 225g Icing sugar
- 50g Margarine
- 2 tablespoons hazelnut chocolate spread
- 2 tablespoons of skimmed milk
- Dusting of cocoa powder
- Place all the cupcake ingredients into a mixing bowl and mix together with an electric whisk until all mixed in.
- Pre heat oven to 180c.
- Place cupcake cases into muffin trays and spoon mixer evenly between all 18.
- Cook for 20-25 minutes until golden and cooked.
- Place cooked cupcakes onto a wire rack to cool.
- Place the sifted icing sugar, margarine, hazelnut spread and milk into a bowl and whisk well.
- Corer the cooled cupcakes.
- Place half to 1 tsp of mixture into the middle of the of the cupcakes.
- Replace the tops.
- Smooth remaining buttercream onto the cupcakes.
- Dust with a little sifted cocoa powder.
About this post: I got sent a mixing bowl and cup corer c/o OXO and some eggs from The Happy Egg Co. All thoughts are my own and I was not paid for this post.