Are you fed up of seeing mince pies now? Tired of eating chocolates by the handful from the tins you only buy at Christmas? Dipping not one but 5 of the biscuits in your tea as you have a big box full?
Or is this just me!?
I made up this yummy fruit cocktail to get away from the treats.. I usually make a bowl of fruit salad up for the children and it lasts a few days. Not this time with everyone home for Christmas, it was gone within a hour.
Serve 6 small cup fulls
- 200g Red grapes, taken away from the stalks and washed
- 3 plums, stones taken out and chopped into chunks
- 3 Clementine oranges, peeled and separate pieces
- 1 Pineapple, peeled, core removed and cut into chunks
- 1 Lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp of runny clear honey
- Juice the lemon and place in a small bowl with the honey. Mix well.
- Cut the peel off the pineapple, remove the core and chop it up into small chunks. Place in a big bowl and cover in the lemon and honey juice.
- Peel the clementines and separate the segments, add to the pineapple and mix with a wooden spoon.
- Add the grapes, mix again.
- Chop the plums up, remove the stones and add to the other fruit.
- Give a big stir to make sure all fruit is cover in juice.
- Eat or put in a plastic box with a lid and store in the fridge for later.
Are you thinking of setting yourself a good healthy start to 2016 like me?
Or have you been good over Christmas?
I know for sure that I am not weighting myself until at least few weeks back at the gym!!