How To Make A One Pan Spicy Farmer’s Breakfast.
One pot breakfast, how yummy!!
How To Make A One Pan Spicy Farmer’s Breakfast:
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 25-30 minutes
250g Jersey Royal new potatoes, scrubbed (not peeled) and sliced thinly
3 tbsp light olive oil
4 large spicy sausages
50g smoked pancetta, diced
½ medium red onion, peeled and diced
½ red pepper, deseeded and cut roughly into 1cm squares
½ yellow pepper, deseeded and cut roughly into 1cm squares
Pinch of dried chilli flakes
4 baby courgettes, cut in halves, lengthways
20g unsalted butter
4 large free range eggs
1 tbsp flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
Ground black pepper
1. Heat 2 tbsp of oil into one very large frying pans
2. Add the sausages to the pan, brown and cook for 5 -10 minutes, turning regularly. When golden all over, remove from the pan with a slotted spoon and place to one side.
3. Add the pancetta, onion, peppers and dried chilli to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes until the vegetables have softened and the pancetta is golden. Stir though the parsley and season with salt and pepper. Remove with a slotted spoon (a spoon with draining holes) and set aside.
4. Heat the remaining 1 tbsp of oil in the pan then add the potatoes in a single layer. Cook for 2-3 minutes each side until crisp and golden. Add the courgettes, stirring occasionally, for 3-4 minutes until they begin to soften and colour.
5. Return the onion, pancetta, peppers to the pan with the sausages. Cook for a further 5-10 minutes. Using the back of a spoon, make four even 8cm circles in the vegetables. Add a small knob of butter to each circle, then break one egg into each, cover the pan with lid and cook over a medium heat for 2-3 minutes, until the whites are set and the yolks still runny.
6. Serve in the pan with hot buttered toast.
- Split the ingredients across two smaller frying pans if you don’t have a very large pan.
How To Make A One Pan Spicy Farmer’s Breakfast. Recipe courtesy of Jersey Royal new potatoes.
You Might Also Like These Jersey Royal Recipes:
Some More Posts That Might Be Of Interest:
- Isle of Wight Tomato Shakshuka: Supper Sorted
- Watercress, Avocado And Lime Smoothie How To Make
- Quick And Easy To Make Vegan Frosted Lemon Cake
- Parfait Day: Layer Up Your Fruit, Cream And Nuts
- Chunky Monkey Overnight Oats A Tasty Breakfast Treat
- California Walnut Waffles With Date Drizzle
- Breakfast Compote Lollies To Try Out This Spring Morning
- 2 Mothering Sunday Breakfast Ideas To Try Out
- How To Make Red Velvet Heart Beet Pancakes
- 11 Recipes For World Porridge Day: Eat Like A King
- 7 Home Made Marmalade Recipes To Try Out
- Sweetcorn, Shallot & Chilli Fritters With Tomato & Shallot Chutney
- Eggy Bread With Creamy Mushrooms & Crispy Shallots
- Avocado, Rocket, Tomato And Walnut Toast
- Spinach, Ham And California Walnut Sunshine Cloud Eggs