How To Make A One Pan Spicy Farmer’s Breakfast.
One pot breakfast, how yummy!!
How To Make A One Pan Spicy Farmer’s Breakfast:
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 25-30 minutes
250g Jersey Royal new potatoes, scrubbed (not peeled) and sliced thinly
3 tbsp light olive oil
4 large spicy sausages
50g smoked pancetta, diced
½ medium red onion, peeled and diced
½ red pepper, deseeded and cut roughly into 1cm squares
½ yellow pepper, deseeded and cut roughly into 1cm squares
Pinch of dried chilli flakes
4 baby courgettes, cut in halves, lengthways
20g unsalted butter
4 large free range eggs
1 tbsp flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
Ground black pepper
1. Heat 2 tbsp of oil into one very large frying pans
2. Add the sausages to the pan, brown and cook for 5 -10 minutes, turning regularly. When golden all over, remove from the pan with a slotted spoon and place to one side.
3. Add the pancetta, onion, peppers and dried chilli to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes until the vegetables have softened and the pancetta is golden. Stir though the parsley and season with salt and pepper. Remove with a slotted spoon (a spoon with draining holes) and set aside.
4. Heat the remaining 1 tbsp of oil in the pan then add the potatoes in a single layer. Cook for 2-3 minutes each side until crisp and golden. Add the courgettes, stirring occasionally, for 3-4 minutes until they begin to soften and colour.
5. Return the onion, pancetta, peppers to the pan with the sausages. Cook for a further 5-10 minutes. Using the back of a spoon, make four even 8cm circles in the vegetables. Add a small knob of butter to each circle, then break one egg into each, cover the pan with lid and cook over a medium heat for 2-3 minutes, until the whites are set and the yolks still runny.
6. Serve in the pan with hot buttered toast.
- Split the ingredients across two smaller frying pans if you don’t have a very large pan.
How To Make A One Pan Spicy Farmer’s Breakfast. Recipe courtesy of Jersey Royal new potatoes.
You Might Also Like These Jersey Royal Recipes:
5 Top Tips On ‘How to Perfect Jersey Royals’.
Tesco Jersey Royal New Potatoes In-store Now.
How To Make Jersey Royal Potato Spring Vegetable Frittata.
Balsamic Roasted New Potatoes With Asparagus.
How To Make Jersey Royal Pasty with Quick Tomato Jam.
How To Make Jersey Royal And Halloumi Rosemary Skewers.
How To Make Jersey Royal Salt ‘n’ Vinegar Herb Shake in a Bag.
Some More Posts That Might Be Of Interest: