How To Make Jersey Royal Potato Spring Vegetable Frittata. Fancy making some of these tasty vegetable frittatas?
How To Make Jersey Royal Potato Spring Vegetable Frittata:
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 35-40 minutes
- 300g Jersey Royal new potatoes
- 100g Fresh peas, podded or frozen
- 100g broad beans, podded and shelled or frozen
- 6 large Free Range eggs
- 3 tbsp mint, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 20g unsalted butter
- 4 salad onions, thinly sliced
- 4 baby courgettes, sliced in half lengthways
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 100g feta, crumbled
- Coarsely ground black pepper
Peashoot And Mint Salad:
- 40g fresh pea shoots
- 40g fresh rocket leaves
- 1 small bunch of torn mint leaves
- 1 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- Squeeze lemon juice
- Sea Salt
- Ground black pepper
How To Make Jersey Royal Potato Spring Vegetable Frittata Method:
1. Cook the Jersey Royals in a pan of water for 12-15 minutes, until tender. Drain and, when cool, slice thinly.
2. Cook the peas and broad beans in boiling water for 2 minutes (or 4-5 if from frozen) then drain and refresh under cold water.
3. Whisk the eggs in a medium bowl with the mint, salt and pepper.
4. Heat the oil in a 24cm non-stick frying pan. Add the courgettes cook for 1-2 minutes then add the potatoes, onions and garlic, cook for 3-4 minutes, until beginning brown. Stir in the peas and broad beans, keeping 10g of each for the salad.
5. Preheat the grill. Pour the whisked egg over the vegetables and crumble over the feta, keeping 20g of feta for the salad. Cook over a gentle heat for 10-12 minutes until almost set. Transfer the pan to the grill and cook for 3-5 mins until the top is golden and cooked through.
6. Place a plate or board over the top of the pan so that the frittata falls onto the plate. Slice into wedges and serve with the salad.
Peashoot and mint salad:
1. Wash the pea shoots and rocket, dry well, and tear into bite-sized pieces if necessary, add to a medium bowl with the mint, reserved peas, broad beans and feta.
2. Drizzle the leaves with the oil and a squeeze of lemon juice, seasoning with a little salt and pepper.
3. Mix leaves and dressing together and serve with the frittata.
This is a great lunch box alternative to sandwiches. It can be prepared a day in advance cut into wedges and wrapped in parchment paper, ready to be added to a lunch box or picnic hamper.
How To Make Jersey Royal Potato Spring Vegetable Frittata. Recipe courtesy of Jersey Royal new potatoes.
What do you think of this recipe?
Fancy trying it?
You Might Also Like: