Lizi’s Granola Strawberries And Cream Scones For St George’s Day.
Fancy making some Lizi’s Granola Strawberries And Cream Scones for St George’s Day?
St George’s Day is the perfect excuse to get some scones in the oven.
There are not many things more English than a warm scone smothered with jam and cream!
(St George’s Day 23rd April).
Whether you’re whipping up a batch for a picnic, celebrating St George’s Day or simply looking for a delicious snack at a garden party, these tasty scones are perfect with clotted cream and jam or simply munched in a stolen moment of solitude, fresh out of the oven.
Lizi’s Granola Strawberries And Cream Scones For St George’s Day:
Makes: 8 scones
- 280g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 50g caster sugar
- 115g fridge-cold butter
- 1 large egg
- 120ml double cream
- 2 tbsp honey
- Three quarter cup of strawberries cut into eighths
- Half cup of granola for ingredients and sprinkling.
How To Make:
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees, 180 fan.
- Line a baking sheet with baking paper and put to one side.
- Put the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar in a large bowl.
- Cut the butter into small pieces and rub in using your fingers or a food processor until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add handful of granola.
- Stir in cut strawberries until covered in flour.
- In another bowl whisk the egg, double cream, honey and vanilla extract.
- Pour into the flour mixture and stir until dough begins to form.
- Place the dough onto a floured surface and knead gently until a ball forms but don’t over-knead or stir.
- Pat the dough into a round until it’s about 1.5cm thick and cut into 8 even wedges.
- Place on the baking sheet and sprinkle with the granola.
- Bake for 20 minutes, although check a bit before, just in case; you want them golden brown.
- Once baked, place on wire rack to cool.
- Best enjoyed fresh out of the oven, these yummy scones bring a taste of summer to even the drizzliest August afternoon!
Recipe and image courtesy of Lizi’s Granola
What do you think of this Lizi’s Granola Strawberries & Cream Scones recipe for St George’s Day?
Fancy making some?
You might also like;
- Zesty Avocado And Lime Cake: The Perfect Pairings
- Zespri® SunGold kiwifruit, Mango And Orange Smoothie
- William’s Melting Rarebits with South African Pear and Plum Chutney
- Whole Earth Product Review: Natural Healthier
- White Spelt Pancakes Just In Time For Pancake Day
- White Chocolate Gateau: White Chocolate Day
- White Chocolate Cookies Studded With Cranberries
- White Chocolate Blondie’s With Blueberries And Macadamia Nuts
- White Chocolate And Pistachio Sponge Blondies
- Whisky Sour Marmalade: Grown Up Marmalade