Recipe and image c/o McVitie’s Ginger Nuts.
McVitie’s Ginger Nuts and Lemon Crunch Vegan Tart. Happy Friday! Any fun plans for the weekend? My husband is off work tomorrow so we will all be running Parkrun.
So I need to bake a nice treat for us all afterwards too. Something quick and easy! Of course, lemon always makes recipes nice and tasty.
Are you also looking for a quick and easy treat recipe? Something sweet for the weekend?
Today I am sharing this McVitie’s Ginger Nuts and Lemon Crunch Vegan Tart recipe with you: So yummy!!
How To Make A McVitie’s Ginger Nuts And Lemon Crunch Vegan Tart:
9oz/225g McVitie’s Ginger Nuts Biscuits
2 1/2oz/60g dairy-free spread
2 large or 3 small lemons
2oz/50g cornflour (4 ½ tbsp/ 4 ½ x 15ml sp)
3tbsp/3 x 15ml sp icing sugar
A sprig of fresh mint and icing sugar to decorate
McVitie’s Ginger Nuts And Lemon Crunch Vegan Tart Method:
1.) Firstly, line the base of 7inch/18cm loose-bottomed flan tin with a disc of baking parchment.
2.) Put the McVitie’s Ginger Nuts biscuits into a freezer bag (thick plastic bag) and crush well using a rolling pin.
3.) Melt the dairy-free spread, stir in the biscuit crumbs. Put into the tin, using the back of a spoon press the crumbs to form the base and sides of the tart. Set aside to cool.
4.) Wash the lemons well, finely grate the rind and squeeze the juice. Put into a measuring jug and make up to 18floz/500ml with water. Stir in the cornflour until completely dissolved with no lumps.
5.) Put into a pan and heat, gently stirring all the time. Simmer for 2 minutes. Stir in the icing sugar, add a little extra if desired, and spoon into the biscuit case. Smooth to level and leave to cool. Garnish with a sprig of mint and dust with a little icing sugar just before serving.
McVitie’s Ginger Nuts and Lemon Crunch Vegan Tart:
McVitie’s Ginger Nuts and Lemon Crunch Vegan Tart Recipe and image c/o McVitie’s Ginger Nuts.
How yummy!! So do you fancy trying a slice or two of this Tart !? Try now or Pin for later.
So let me know if you get to make it. Share your thoughts in the comments below. So do you fancy trying this recipe? Because I know I do!!
You Might Also Like These Tart Recipes:
Lemon and Chocolate Tart:
Firstly, how delicious? By Linda Collister. I adore lemon tart, and when I discovered a French patisserie that made a selection of fruit tarts with a layer of chocolate I couldn’t resist trying the combination. It works! Lemon and Chocolate Tart.
Superbly Easy To Make Ginger And Orange No-Bake Cheesecake:
Secondly a ginger biscuit base, cream cheese, icing sugar and double cream filling topped with clementine pieces, yummy!! Superbly Easy To Make Ginger And Orange No-Bake Cheesecake.
Easy Peasy Lemon And Blueberry Tart: Tasty Treats:
Thirdly, Easy peasy lemon squeezy! Easy peasy lemon and blueberry tart. Short of time but want to make a pud for a Saturday supper or Sunday lunch? This can be quickly put together and left in the fridge until you are ready to serve. Easy Peasy Lemon And Blueberry Tart.
Some More Vegan Recipes:
McVitie’s Rich Tea Biscuits Vegan Cinnamon And Pecan Fridge Cake:
Firstly, fridge cake anyone? If so, how about making this quick and easy fridge cake? Fancy making some; McVitie’s Rich Tea Biscuits Vegan Cinnamon & Pecan Fridge Cake?
This also makes a nice addition to your lunch box, school treat or something fun to make up over the weekend. The children and I love fridge cake. So what do you think? Fancy making some? McVitie’s Rich Tea Biscuits Vegan Cinnamon And Pecan Fridge Cake.
Vegan Apple Slices With Peanut Butter, Celery, Raisins And Pumpkin Seeds:
Secondly, if you think eating vegan is boring, think again! I am sharing some yummy vegan recipes proves you can have colourful vegan dishes, bursting with taste and flavour. Vegan Apple Slices With Peanut Butter, Celery, Raisins.
Quick And Easy To Make Vegan Frosted Lemon Cake:
Last but not least, if you’re wondering how to make a vegan cake, we have the perfect recipe. Ready in under an hour, this moist, fluffy vegan frosted lemon cake recipe makes a great vegan treat, particularly good with a cup of tea. Why is this the best vegan cake recipe?
1. It’s ready in under an hour.
2. Rich and moist with a light fluffy texture.
3. You can easily substitute any flavour, such as vegan chocolate, orange or raspberry
4. No special ingredients needed.
5. Many of you have made it and given it 4/5 stars – it must be good!
* Vegetarian * Vegan * Milk Free Quick And Easy To Make Vegan Frosted Lemon Cake.
So if you like this post, why not follow along then you will never miss a post?
- Long Floaty Floral Maxi Dress And White Converse Shoes
- Green Floral Maxi Dress And A Visit To The Beach
- Zip Up Adidas Jacket, Skinny Jeans And Black Boots
- Spending Summer Days In Bakewell
- How To Style A Retro Rainbow Print D Buckle Belt
- Still Wearing My Teddy Coat From Winter: Fashion Over 40
- Spring Has Sprung But The Jumpers Are Back Out!!
- Gold Colour Cream Pearl Hair Clips: New In Today
- A Day Out In York: Way Back Wednesday Style Post
- Rose Gold Colour Crystal And Peach Flower Stud Earrings
- What If We Rewrite The Stars? 0ver 40 Fitness
- Getting My Summer Wardrobe Ready: Over 40 Style
- Ne’er Cast A Clout ‘Til May Be Out! Over 40 Style
- The Hardest Part Of Having A Dog Is Knowing
- Stacking Gold Colour Crystal Initial Bangle UK Buy
I hope you have enjoyed today’s post. So if you like, you can also share your thoughts here too in the comments below.