Recipe and photo credit by- Dr Oetker.
Mini Christmas Cakes: How Sweet And Adorable? Hello friends. So it is nearly Christmas and if you have not made your Christmas cake by now, how about making some of these Mini Christmas Cakes?
Because these are not only traditional, they are also so much fun!! Great for afternoon tea.
They are so sweet or should I say adorable!
How To Make Some Mini Christmas Cakes:
Makes 4 mini Christmas cakes
£2.58 per portion
175g (6oz) butter or margarine
175g (6oz) light brown sugar
3 medium eggs, beaten
1 tsp Dr. Oetker Natural Almond Extract
75g (3oz) ground almonds
175g (6oz) plain flour
¼ tsp ground nutmeg
1 tsp Dr. Oetker Baking Powder
300g (10oz) sultanas
175g (6oz) dried cranberries
150g (5oz) glace cherries
Icing sugar for dusting
225g (8oz) Dr. Oetker Ready to Roll Regal-Ice White Icing
200g (7oz) Dr. Oetker Ready to Roll Golden Marzipan
2 tsp clear honey
Dr. Oetker Silver Balls
4 x 25cm (10in) lengths cake ribbon
How To Make Mini Christmas Cakes:
1.) Firstly, place a roasting tin of cold water in the bottom of the oven then preheat the oven to 150°C (140°C fan oven, 300°F, Gas 2).
2.) Secondly, grease and line a 19cm (7in) square cake tin, and wrap the sides in a double layer of brown paper.
3.) In a mixing bowl, cream the butter or margarine and sugar together until pale and creamy then gradually beat in the eggs, and stir in the Natural Almond Extract and ground almonds.
4.) Sift the flour, nutmeg and Baking Powder on top and add all the fruit.
5.) Carefully mix all the ingredients together and then spoon into the prepared tin.
6.) Smooth over the top and bake in the oven for about 1 ½ hours until lightly browned, slightly risen and firm to the touch.
7.) Allow to cool in the tin before removing.
8.) Discard the tin linings and wrap in fresh paper and foil and store for 3 days before decorating.
Three Days Before Serving:
1.) Firstly, lightly dust the work surface with icing sugar and roll out 100g (4oz) Regal-Ice Icing to a thickness of 5mm (1/4in).
2.) Using assorted snowflake cutters stamp out 12 snowflakes, re-rolling as necessary.
3.) Place on a board lined with greaseproof paper and set aside in a warm, dust free place, to dry.
4.) When dry, carefully peel off the paper and place on a wire rack.
5.) Pipe a small dot of writing icing in the centre of each snowflake and place a silver ball on top.
6.) Put aside until completely set, then cover lightly until ready to decorate the cakes.
7.) When ready to serve the cakes, discard the storage wrapping from the cake.
8.) Using a 7cm (3in) round pastry cutter, push down on top of the cake within 1cm (1/2in) of the edge to make 4 circles – you may need to trim up the edges with a knife.
9.) Divide the marzipan into 4.
10.) On a work surface lightly dusted with icing sugar, roll each piece into a circle to fit the top of the cake.
11.) Brush with a little honey, secure a Marzipan circle on top and trim to neaten.
12.) Divide the remaining Regal-Ice Icing into 4 and roll each piece to fit the top of the cake.
13.) Brush the Marzipan with a little water and secure the Regal-Ice Icing on top, trimming as necessary.
To Finish Mini Christmas Cakes:
Last but not least, secure a piece of ribbon around the side of each cake and arrange the snowflake decorations on top to serve.
Mini Christmas Cakes: Cooks Tip:
For a less almondy flavour, replace the almond extract with the same quantity of Dr Oetker Vanilla Extract.
For longer storage before marzipan and icing, wrap the cake as described and freeze for up to 6 months.
Allow the cake to defrost in the wrappings before finishing.
Mini Christmas Cakes: How Sweet And Adorable?
Recipe and photo credit by- Dr Oetker
So what do you think of these Mini Christmas Cakes? Do you also fancy making some?
So before you go, what do you think about this recipe ideas? Do you like the sound of any and fancy trying it?
If so why not follow along so you never miss a post? So remember you can also share your thoughts here too in the comments below.
You Might Also Like:
Lyle’s Christmas Cake: Make 3 Months Before Christmas:
Firstly, I am sharing a guest post from Lyle’s Golden Syrup and Tate & Lyle Sugars. Looking for a Christmas cake recipe anyone?
You can make this one up to 3 months before Christmas if you wrap it in foil and keep adding Whiskey onto it.
How to make a Christmas cake step by step instructions: How To Make A Lyle’s Christmas Cake.
Cheat’s Christmas Cake: Quick And Easy Treats:
Secondly, do you want to make a Christmas cake this year but short on time?
How about cheating at making a Christmas Cake? No one will ever know!? Unless you tell them!!
So good if you are short on time and giving them out at Christmas as gifts too. Likewise great for trying out your icing technique!! Cheat’s Christmas Cake.
Simple Cinnamon Christmas Cake To Try Out Today:
Thirdly, so do you fancy making a cake that is quick and easy to bake? If so, I have a yummy recipe to share with you today. Simple Cinnamon Christmas Cake.
Individual Christmas Puddings: How Sweet?
Last but not least, Individual Christmas Puddings anyone? 8 Christmas Cake, pudding And Ice Cream Recipes.
- Christmas Childrens-Wear For 2011 At Matalan
- Novelty Christmas Dining At Matalan 2011
- Sparkly Party Dresses For Christmas 2011
- Bananagrams Challenge And Chance To Win Bananagram
- Honey Monster Snow-Business Breakfast Review
- Florentine’s: Sweet Traditional Christmas Treats
- Canapes With Blueberry And Raspberry: Christmas Buffet
- Bite Sized Trifles: Great For Birthdays, Christmas And Parties
- Alternative Christmas Cakes: Gifts For Christmas
- Mincemeat and Mince Pies: Classic Christmas Treats
- Russian Chuk Chuk: Guest Post From Sheraton Maldives
- Christmas Pudding: Homemade Tradition
- Christmas Canapè Recipes with Garner’s Pickled Onions
- Poached Pears in Biddenden Red Wine: Christmas Treats
- Brussels Sprouts with Bacon & Chestnuts: Christmas Sides
- Jumpers Back Out For This Crazy Cold May Weather
- Blogging Over A Decade & Another Lockdown Birthday
- Denim Jacket, Yellow Maxi Dress And A Beautiful
- 6 Pairs Of Earrings For Spring Summer 2021: UK Buy
- Chesterfield Crooked Spire In Springtime: Over 40 Style
- Saturday Night’s Alright For Fighting
- My Spring 2021 Footwear: This Weeks Friday Feet
- Light Blue Floral Maxi Dress With Light Blue Shoes
- Bee Kind, Bee Honest, Bee Positive, Over 40 Fashion
- All Dressed Up And Nowhere To Go: What I Wore
- Travel Plans To London But First, Let Me Take A Selfie
- The North Face Coat, Primark Jumper And Tu Clothing
- Every Day Of Your Life Is A Special Occasion
- Long Floaty Floral Maxi Dress And White Converse Shoes
- Green Floral Maxi Dress And A Visit To The Beach
Finally I hope you like this post?