Recipe and photo credit by- Dr Oetker.
Mini Christmas Cakes: How Sweet And Adorable? Hello friends. So it is nearly Christmas and if you have not made your Christmas cake by now, how about making some of these Mini Christmas Cakes?
Because these are not only traditional, they are also so much fun!! Great for afternoon tea. They are so sweet or should I say adorable!
This post contains affiliate links. This means that if you click on one and make a purchase, I may receive a commission. You will not be charged any additional fees if you purchase through an affiliate link. Also affiliate links will be marked with a *.
Table Of Contents:
- Firstly, Mini Christmas Cakes Ingredients.
- Secondly, Mini Christmas Cakes Method.
- Thirdly, Other Recipe Ideas.
How To Make Some Mini Christmas Cakes:
Mini Christmas cakes are the epitome of sweetness and adorableness, encapsulating the festive spirit in every bite-sized treat. These petite delights boast a perfect blend of rich, moist cake infused with warm spices and studded with plump, jewel-like dried fruits.
The miniature size not only makes them visually charming but also allows for a delightful individual indulgence. Adorned with a thin layer of velvety icing, each mini cake becomes a canvas for holiday-themed decorations, transforming them into edible works of art.
Makes 4 mini Christmas cakes
- 175g (6oz) butter or margarine
- 175g (6oz) light brown sugar
- 3 medium eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp Dr. Oetker Natural Almond Extract*
- 75g (3oz) ground almonds
- 175g (6oz) plain flour
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp Dr. Oetker Baking Powder*
- 300g (10oz) sultanas
- 175g (6oz) dried cranberries
- 150g (5oz) glace cherries
- Icing sugar for dusting
- 225g (8oz) Dr. Oetker Ready to Roll Regal-Ice White Icing*
- 200g (7oz) Dr. Oetker Ready to Roll Golden Marzipan
- 2 tsp clear honey
- Dr. Oetker Silver Balls
- 4 x 25cm (10in) lengths cake ribbon
How To Make Mini Christmas Cakes:
Miniature Christmas Cakes.
- Firstly, place a roasting tin of cold water in the bottom of the oven then preheat the oven to 150°C (140°C fan oven, 300°F, Gas 2).
- Secondly, grease and line a 19cm (7in) square cake tin, and wrap the sides in a double layer of brown paper.
- In a mixing bowl, cream the butter or margarine and sugar together until pale and creamy then gradually beat in the eggs, and stir in the Natural Almond Extract and ground almonds.
- Sift the flour, nutmeg and Baking Powder on top and add all the fruit.
- Carefully mix all the ingredients together and then spoon into the prepared tin.
- Smooth over the top and bake in the oven for about 1 ½ hours until lightly browned, slightly risen and firm to the touch.
- Allow to cool in the tin before removing.
- Discard the tin linings and wrap in fresh paper and foil and store for 3 days before decorating.
Three Days Before Serving:
- Lightly dust the work surface with icing sugar and roll out 100g (4oz) Regal-Ice Icing to a thickness of 5mm (1/4in).
- Using assorted snowflake cutters stamp out 12 snowflakes, re-rolling as necessary.
- Place on a board lined with greaseproof paper and set aside in a warm, dust free place, to dry.
- When dry, carefully peel off the paper and place on a wire rack.
- Pipe a small dot of writing icing in the centre of each snowflake and place a silver ball on top.
- Put aside until completely set, then cover lightly until ready to decorate the cakes.
- When ready to serve the cakes, discard the storage wrapping from the cake.
- Using a 7cm (3in) round pastry cutter, push down on top of the cake within 1cm (1/2in) of the edge to make 4 circles – you may need to trim up the edges with a knife.
- Divide the marzipan into 4.
- On a work surface lightly dusted with icing sugar, roll each piece into a circle to fit the top of the cake.
- Brush with a little honey, secure a Marzipan circle on top and trim to neaten.
- Divide the remaining Regal-Ice Icing into 4 and roll each piece to fit the top of the cake.
- Brush the Marzipan with a little water and secure the Regal-Ice Icing on top, trimming as necessary.
To Finish Mini Christmas Cakes:
- Last but not least, secure a piece of ribbon around the side of each cake and arrange the snowflake decorations on top to serve.
Festive, Sweet, Adorable, what more can I say?
Mini Christmas Cakes: Cooks Tip: For a less almondy flavour, replace the almond extract with the same quantity of Dr Oetker Vanilla Extract. For longer storage before marzipan and icing, wrap the cake as described and freeze for up to 6 months. Allow the cake to defrost in the wrappings before finishing.
Mini Christmas Cakes: How Sweet And Adorable?
These bite-sized wonders are not just desserts; they are festive expressions of joy and merriment, bringing a touch of sweetness to holiday celebrations. Whether served at a Christmas party or given as thoughtful gifts, these mini Christmas cakes are sure to spread smiles and create delicious memories.
Recipe And Photo For Mini Cakes, Credit By- Dr Oetker. Gloves And Snowman Photo Courtesy Of Jill Wellington On Pixabay.
So what do you think of these Mini Christmas Cakes? Do you also fancy making some? Bite-sized, are nearly!!
So before you go, what do you think about this recipe ideas? Do you like the sound of any and fancy trying it? If so why not follow along so you never miss a post? So remember you can also share your thoughts here too in the comments below.
You Might Also Like:
Lyle’s Christmas Cake: Make 3 Months Before Christmas: Firstly, I am sharing a guest post from Lyle’s Golden Syrup and Tate & Lyle Sugars. Looking for a Christmas cake recipe anyone? You can make this one up to 3 months before Christmas if you wrap it in foil and keep adding Whiskey onto it. How to make a Christmas cake step by step instructions: How To Make A Lyle’s Christmas Cake.
Cheat’s Christmas Cake: Quick And Easy Treats: Secondly, do you want to make a Christmas cake this year but short on time? How about cheating at making a Christmas Cake? No one will ever know!? Unless you tell them!! So good if you are short on time and giving them out at Christmas as gifts too. Likewise great for trying out your icing technique!! Cheat’s Christmas Cake.
Simple Cinnamon Christmas Cake To Try Out Today: Thirdly, so do you fancy making a cake that is quick and easy to bake? If so, I have a yummy recipe to share with you today. Simple Cinnamon Christmas Cake.
Individual Christmas Puddings: How Sweet? Last but not least, Individual Christmas Puddings anyone? 8 Christmas Cake, pudding And Ice Cream Recipes.
Celebration Gifts. Thank you so much for stopping by. Finally I hope you like this post? If you like this post, why not follow along so you never miss a post? Find me on: Web | Twitter | Facebook
Cheats Mini Christmas Cakes:
Cheats Mini Christmas Cakes. Even Shorter On Time? Why Not Make Some Cheats Mini Christmas Cakes? They offer a shortcut to holiday indulgence without compromising on flavour or festive charm.
Crafted with clever Christmas shortcuts, these mini delights capture the essence of Christmas in every bite. A medley of a ready-made cake mixes and time-saving ingredients results in a treat that’s as convenient as it is delicious. Why not use a small circle cutter to make some mini cakes?
The cheats may involve pre-made elements, but the taste is anything but compromised—each miniature cake is a burst of holiday magic, featuring a fusion of rich flavuors and aromatic spices.
Whether adorned with a quick glaze or a dusting of edible glitter, these cheats mini Christmas cakes prove that a little ingenuity can still deliver a lot of joy during the festive season.
Perfect for those moments when time is short but the desire for a delightful holiday treat is anything but diminished.
Mini Christmas Cakes:
Mini Christmas Cakes. Decorations Holiday-themed Desserts. You can also read more about me here: Polka Dot Lady. Thank you so much for stopping by. I also hope you liked this post. Also, follow along on Facebook for regular updates.