Pulled Turkey, Sweet And Sour Maple Sauce on nutty bread, anyone?
How To Make Pulled Turkey, Sweet And Sour Maple Sauce:
- 500g cooked turkey meat (drumsticks and breast)
- 60g button mushrooms
- 1 onion, sliced thin
- 45ml sunflower or olive oil
- 5 tsp crushed black pepper
- 45ml sherry or wine vinegar
- 45ml pure maple syrup from Canada
- 175ml gravy or thick chicken stock
- 45ml cranberry juice
- 8 slices rustic bread, thinly sliced and toasted
- Salt and pepper, to taste
How To Make:
- Pull turkey pieces apart. Heat sherry vinegar, maple syrup and pepper together until reduced by three quarters.
- In a different pan, add oil and sauté onions with mushrooms for 2-3 minutes.
- Mix gravy with the vinegar reduction, add onions and mushrooms, then pulled turkey.
- Adjust seasoning. Add cranberry juice to loosen the mixture.
- Place a slice of bread on each plate. Place pulled turkey on top of each slice of bread.
- Cover with the second slice of bread.
- the cranberry juice can be omitted if the consistency is fine as is.
Recipe c/o Pure Maple Syrup From Canada.
What do you think of this Pulled Turkey, Sweet And Sour Maple Sauce recipe?
Fancy trying it?
You might also like these sandwiches ideas:
Fit For The Queen: Coronation Chicken.
Created for the Queen’s coronation in 1953, what street party would be complete without Coronation Chicken? Celebrate the Queen’s 90th birthday with this Royal recipe from Hellmann’s.
Organic Steak Sandwich With Green Goddess Mayo:
This one was for British Sandwich Week (8th to 14th May 2016).
Easy Salmon Sandwiches:
Fancy trying these easy salmon sandwiches from Seasonal Berries out?
Salmon sandwiches but not as you know them, here they get a modern makeover with the addition of superfood moringa powder, fresh fruity raspberries and breath freshening fresh mint.