Rhubarb Elderflower Tarts: Great For Afternoon Tea.
Rhubarb Elderflower Tarts.
Happy Wednesday Friends.
Fancy trying out these yummy Rhubarb Elderflower Tarts?
This recipe is using the brand new Sparkling Elderflower from Rocks Drinks.
Delicious individual rhubarb tarts made easy with ready-made custard and delicious with an elderflower drizzle.
Preparation time: 10 minutes, plus cooling time
Cooking time: 30 minutes
How To Make Rhubarb Elderflower Tarts:
What You Need:
1 pack ready rolled shortcrust pastry
2 sticks rhubarb
250ml Rocks Sparkling Elderflower
100ml Double cream
½ vanilla pod, seeds scraped
200ml ready-made custard
What You Do:
1. Heat the oven to 180C/160C Fan. Roll out the pastry to the thickness of a £1 coin and cut circles to fit 4 x 10cm individual tart tins. Gently press the pastry into the tins then line with greaseproof paper and fill with baking beans or rice. Cook for 20 mins until the pastry is golden and cooked. Remove the paper and beans and set aside to cool.
2. While the pastry is cooking, cut the rhubarb into approx 8cm pieces put into a saucepan with the Rocks Sparkling Elderflower and gently simmer for 5 minutes until the rhubarb is softened. Remove the rhubarb from the liquid and set aside. Continue to boil the liquid for 2-3 minutes until it has reduced and is syrupy. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
3. Beat the cream and vanilla seeds in a bowl until thickened. Fold in the custard thoroughly then cover and return to the fridge until all elements of the tart are nice and cold.
4. When ready to serve to fill the tarts with the custard mixture. Top each tart with 2 or 3 pieces of rhubarb, depending on their thickness and drizzle with the elder syrup.
Recipe and image courtesy of Rock Drinks.
Rocks Drinks Sparkling Elderflower is available in independent retailers, farm shop, delis, restaurants, pubs and online priced at £1.99 per bottle.
You Might Also Like:
- The North Face Coat, Primark Jumper And Tu Clothing
- Every Day Of Your Life Is A Special Occasion
- Long Floaty Floral Maxi Dress And White Converse Shoes
- Green Floral Maxi Dress And A Visit To The Beach
- Zip Up Adidas Jacket, Skinny Jeans And Black Boots
- Spending Summer Days In Bakewell
- How To Style A Retro Rainbow Print D Buckle Belt
- Still Wearing My Teddy Coat From Winter: Fashion Over 40
- Spring Has Sprung But The Jumpers Are Back Out!!
- Gold Colour Cream Pearl Hair Clips: New In Today
- A Day Out In York: Way Back Wednesday Style Post
- Rose Gold Colour Crystal And Peach Flower Stud Earrings
- What If We Rewrite The Stars? 0ver 40 Fitness
- Getting My Summer Wardrobe Ready: Over 40 Style
- Ne’er Cast A Clout ‘Til May Be Out! Over 40 Style