Rhubarb Elderflower Tarts: Great For Afternoon Tea.
Rhubarb Elderflower Tarts.
Happy Wednesday Friends.
Fancy trying out these yummy Rhubarb Elderflower Tarts?
This recipe is using the brand new Sparkling Elderflower from Rocks Drinks.
Delicious individual rhubarb tarts made easy with ready-made custard and delicious with an elderflower drizzle.
Preparation time: 10 minutes, plus cooling time
Cooking time: 30 minutes
How To Make Rhubarb Elderflower Tarts:
What You Need:
1 pack ready rolled shortcrust pastry
2 sticks rhubarb
250ml Rocks Sparkling Elderflower
100ml Double cream
½ vanilla pod, seeds scraped
200ml ready-made custard
What You Do:
1. Heat the oven to 180C/160C Fan. Roll out the pastry to the thickness of a £1 coin and cut circles to fit 4 x 10cm individual tart tins. Gently press the pastry into the tins then line with greaseproof paper and fill with baking beans or rice. Cook for 20 mins until the pastry is golden and cooked. Remove the paper and beans and set aside to cool.
2. While the pastry is cooking, cut the rhubarb into approx 8cm pieces put into a saucepan with the Rocks Sparkling Elderflower and gently simmer for 5 minutes until the rhubarb is softened. Remove the rhubarb from the liquid and set aside. Continue to boil the liquid for 2-3 minutes until it has reduced and is syrupy. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
3. Beat the cream and vanilla seeds in a bowl until thickened. Fold in the custard thoroughly then cover and return to the fridge until all elements of the tart are nice and cold.
4. When ready to serve to fill the tarts with the custard mixture. Top each tart with 2 or 3 pieces of rhubarb, depending on their thickness and drizzle with the elder syrup.
Recipe and image courtesy of Rock Drinks.
Rocks Drinks Sparkling Elderflower is available in independent retailers, farm shop, delis, restaurants, pubs and online priced at £1.99 per bottle.
You Might Also Like:
- 5 Christmas Log Ideas To Try Out
- Red And Black Outfit Idea For Every Occasion
- Fashionable Moments At SUMMIT One
- 10 Drinks Ideas To Try Out This Christmas
- Polka Dot Jumper And Metallic Pleated Skirt
- 27 Elf Movie Quotes To Brighten Your Day
- Nothing To See Here Just Me Double Dotting
- 25 Polka Dot Quotes To Add A Splash Of Joy
- The Polka Dot Lady Chronicles Begins
- 6 Trifle Recipes To Try: Modern Trifle Recipes
- 4 Christmas Biscuit Recipes For You To Try Out
- 5 Christmas Cupcake Recipes For Your Party
- 11 Mince Pie Filling, Mince Pies How To Make
- 10 Home Made Gift Ideas To Make For Someone
- 10 Tasty Homemade Bread Ideas To Bake