Recipe courtesy of Watercress.
Watercress Power Balls: Great To Eat Before Or After Exercise. Hello friends, so how are you today? Do you also fancy making some Watercress Power Balls? Autumn’s the time to heave a sigh of relief, store away the bikini and snuggle back into all-forgiving, baggy jumpers and boots.
But you know you shouldn’t – you should carry on with that exercise regime to keep the body beautiful and healthy, whatever the time of year. Here’s a recipe that might make it all a little easier.
These Watercress Power Balls are great to eat before or after exercise for added energy, but to be honest, they taste so great they’re perfect simply as a healthy snack at your desk!
How To Make Watercress Power Balls:
Preparation: 20 minutes
30g pumpkin seeds
40g Medjool dates
25g whole hazelnuts
Pinch of ground turmeric
10g puffed brown rice
Pinch of cinnamon
1 tsp cacao powder
Pinch of Himalayan pink salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
5g chia seeds
1 tsp Manuka honey
Juice of ½ an orange
Watercress Power Balls Method:
1. Firstly, pick the watercress leaves off the stalks and finely chop.
2. Place the pumpkin seeds in a food processor and blend until chopped to a crumb-like consistency. Reserve half of the pumpkin seeds on a plate and add the rest back to the blender.
3. Add all other ingredients to the blender. Blend on full power until everything is thoroughly combined and the mixture has come together, which may take a few minutes.
4. Divide into 12 balls and roll in the ground pumpkin seeds to coat.
5. Last but not least, the balls can be kept for 3-5 days in a refrigerated airtight container.
Recipe c/o: Give yourself a hygge this Autumn and enjoy these delicious, heart-warming recipes. For these and other inspiring recipe ideas, visit Watercress. recipe photography credited: Lara Jane Thorpe.
So what do you think of these Watercress Power Balls?
Do you also fancy making some?
Let us know your thoughts in the comments below.
You Might Also Like:
Firstly, Cacao And Peanut Butter Breakfast Balls. Cacao And Peanut Butter Breakfast Balls.
Secondly, How To Make Raspberry Coconut Energy Balls. How To Make Raspberry Coconut Energy Balls.
Last but not least, How To Make Chocolate Beetroot Energy Balls. How To Make Chocolate Beetroot Energy Balls.
Thanks so much for stopping by. I also hope you can stop by again soon.