Watercress Power Balls: Great To Eat Before Or After Exercise.
Fancy making some Watercress Power Balls?
Autumn’s the time to heave a sigh of relief, store away the bikini and snuggle back into all-forgiving, baggy jumpers and boots.
But you know you shouldn’t – you should carry on with that exercise regime to keep the body beautiful and healthy, whatever the time of year. Here’s a recipe that might make it all a little easier.
These Watercress Power Balls are great to eat before or after exercise for added energy, but to be honest, they taste so great they’re perfect simply as a healthy snack at your desk!
How To Make Watercress Power Balls:
Preparation: 20 minutes
30g pumpkin seeds
40g Medjool dates
25g whole hazelnuts
10g puffed brown rice
Pinch of ground turmeric
Pinch of cinnamon
Pinch of Himalayan pink salt
1 tsp cacao powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp Manuka honey
5g chia seeds
Juice of ½ an orange
Watercress Power Balls Method:
1. Pick the watercress leaves off the stalks and finely chop.
2. Place the pumpkin seeds in a food processor and blend until chopped to a crumb-like consistency. Reserve half of the pumpkin seeds on a plate and add the rest back to the blender.
3. Add all other ingredients to the blender. Blend on full power until everything is thoroughly combined and the mixture has come together, which may take a few minutes.
4. Divide into 12 balls and roll in the ground pumpkin seeds to coat.
5. The balls can be kept for 3-5 days in a refrigerated airtight container.
Recipe c/o: Give yourself a hygge this Autumn and enjoy these delicious, heart-warming recipes. For these and other inspiring recipe ideas, visit Watercress. recipe photography credited: Lara Jane Thorpe.
What do you think of these Watercress Power Balls?
Fancy making some?
Let us know your thoughts in the comments below.
You Might Also Like:
Some More Posts That Might Be Of Interest:
- I Want To Ride My Bicycle I Want To Ride It Where I Like
- Teversal Trail Run: Saturday Morning Run Motivation
- Toasted Walnut, Black Bean, Corn And Tomato Salad
- Highlight Of The Day And A Trip To The Park: OOTD
- California Walnut Power Balls: How To Make Some
- 6 Top Fitness Tips For The Winter
- Stay On Track This Christmas With Three Time
- Back At Parkrun: #LinkUp #WordlessOrNotSoWordless
- Back Out Running: Week 4: Running Is Nothing More Than
- Back Out Running: Week Three: Keep On Running
- Runstreak: Week Two, Day Seven: Keep On Running
- Runstreak: Week One, Day Seven: Keep On Running
- 25 Minutes Parkrun Goal: Part 1 Run Mum Run
- Forza Shake It Slim Milkshakes: Lifestyle Changes
- Shake It Slim With Forza: Two Week’s In And How It Is Going