Welsh Lamb Steaks with Pear and Rosemary Sauce and Spiced Pear Bulgar Wheat: anyone?
A nice mid-week dinner recipe.
How To Make Welsh Lamb Steaks with Pear and Rosemary Sauce and Spiced Pear Bulgar Wheat:
- 2 Welsh lamb leg steaks
- 2 Sprigs fresh rosemary
- 100g (4 oz) Bulgar wheat
- 150ml (¼ pt) Pear cider
- 300ml (½ pt) Boiling water
- 1 Ripe pear, cored and sliced
- Pinch mixed spice
How To Make:
- Preheat a griddle pan or large frying pan.
- Season steaks and add to hot griddle or pan with rosemary and cook for 4 – 6 mins each side for medium.
- Remove steaks – keep warm and add the pear cider, boil to reduce to a thin pourable sauce – if it reduces too quickly add a little more cider.
- Place bulgar wheat in a small saucepan, add the cider, boiling water, pear and mixed spice. Bring to the boil and then remove from the heat – leave for about 30 mins until the liquid is absorbed and the wheat tender.
- Serve the lamb steaks with a drizzle of sauce, spiced bulgar and an autumn salad.
Guest post credits:
Eat Welsh Lamb And Welsh Beef. No payment was received.
What do you think of this Welsh Lamb Steaks with Pear and Rosemary Sauce and Spiced Pear Bulgar Wheat?
Fancy trying it?
You might also like:
Welsh Lamb Loin Chops Stuffed With Stilton Served With Chunky Veg Wedges:
Fancy trying this Welsh Lamb loin chops stuffed with Stilton served with chunky veg wedges recipe out?
Racks Of Welsh Lamb With Rosemary, Lemon And Garlic:
Fancy trying this Racks Of Welsh Lamb With Rosemary, Lemon And Garlic?
Welsh Lamb And Apricot Burgers:
or maybe you fancy trying these Welsh Lamb And Apricot Burgers?