Beef Stew With Dumplings For Dinner Tonight? Hello friends, so how are you today? Feeling all cold? How about a nice stew to warm you up? A perfect Winter warmer recipe!!
Beef stew with dumplings is the quintessential hearty and cosy comfort dish. Tender beef chunks that have been slow-cooked to perfection are served with a variety of root vegetables and flavourful herbs and spices in this recipe.
Beef Stew With Dumplings:
The light, golden-brown dumplings that float atop the flavourful stew are what really make it unique.
Beef Stew With Dumplings.
Table Of Contents:
- Firstly, Beef Stew With Dumplings Ingredients.
- Secondly, Beef Stew With Dumplings, Method.
- Thirdly, Other Recipe Ideas.
These dumplings absorb the savoury broth and give each spoonful a lovely texture, making them like small pockets of bliss.
A classic favourite, beef stew with dumplings warms your home with a delicious aroma and fills your heart with comforting contentment on a cold night. It’s a supper that unites friends and family and serves as a reminder of the basic pleasures of delicious food.
Cooking time 2.5 hrs
You Will Need:
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 25g (1oz) butter
- 750g (1lb 10oz) beef stewing steak, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 150g (6oz) baby onions, peeled
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 150g (6oz) celery, cut into large chunks
- 2 leeks, roughly chopped
- 150g (6 oz) baby carrots
- 200g (8oz) swede, cut into large chunks
- 150ml (5fl oz) red wine
- 500ml (18fl oz) beef stock
- 2 tbsp Branston Original Pickle
- 2 fresh bay leaves
- 3 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh flatleaf parsley
- Worcestershire sauce, to taste
- 1 tbsp Sarson’s balsamic vinegar, or to taste
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 200g (8 oz) Self raising flour, plus extra for dusting
- 100g (4oz) Butter
- 50g (2oz) Pilgrims Choice mature cheddar – grated
- Handful fresh thyme leaves – chopped.
Beef Stew With Dumplings Method:
How To Make:
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4. Heat the oil and butter in an ovenproof casserole and fry the beef until browned on all sides. Sprinkle over the flour and cook for a further 2-3 minutes. Add the garlic and all the vegetables and fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in the wine, stock, Branston Original Pickle and herbs, and then add the Worcestershire sauce and balsamic vinegar, to taste. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Cover with a lid, transfer to the oven and cook for about two hours, or until the meat is tender.
- While the stew is cooking make the dumplings. Put the flour into a bowl and season with salt and pepper, add the butter and rub in using the fingertips until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Stir through the cheddar and thyme, then approx 1-2 tbsp cold water a little at a time until the mixture forms a stiff dough. With floured hands, roll spoonfuls of the dough into small balls.
- After 1 hr 30 mins, remove the lid from the stew and place the balls on top of the stew. Cover, return to the oven and cook for a further 30 minutes, or until the dumplings have swollen and are tender. (If you prefer your dumplings with a golden top, leave the lid off when returning to the oven.) Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve.
Beef Stew With Dumplings For Dinner Tonight:
Beef Stew With Dumplings. Recipe Credits Courtney Of Branston Original Pickle. So what do you think of this Beef Stew With Dumplings recipe post? Do you also fancy making some?
You Might Also Like:
Cheese, Pickle And Potato Pie: Autumn Comfort Foods:
Firstly, Cheese, Pickle And Potato Pie: Autumn Comfort Foods. Love homemade pies? Fancy trying this pie recipe out? As today I am sharing a step by step guide. How tasty!? Cheese, Pickle & Potato Pie.
Secondly, Extra Tasty Lasagne. Do you also fancy making a lasagne recipe up for dinner tonight? Fancy making an extra tasty lasagne? Extra Tasty Lasagne.
Last But Not Least, Coronation Turkey Salad. Are you also looking for a nice and healthy salad recipe? Something suitable for the cooler weather? Autumn salads, how yummy!! Perfect for around Christmas time when you have some leftover Turkey. An alternative and healthy way to use your turkey leftovers. Coronation Turkey Salad.
Beef Stew With Dumplings:
Beef Stew With Dumplings. Finally, lovelies; I also hope you like this post? Also hit the tags for more tasty recipes. If so, why not follow along so you never miss a post? So remember you can also share your thoughts here too in the comments below.
Also, follow Along On Facebook And Instagram for more fashion posts.
Claire Justine Oxox- Over 50s Lifestyle Blog. You can also read more about me here: Over 50s Lifestyle Blog. Also, follow along on Facebook for regular updates. So remember you can also share your thoughts here too in the comments below. Updated post.