Fish on a Monday!? Yes, please.
I think Fish Friday has more of a ring to it!! Don’t you?
Are you looking for a tasty fish recipe?
Today I have a yummy fish pie recipe to share with you:
This fish pie combines cod, salmon and prawns in a creamy béchamel sauce made using yogurt.
How To Make A Tasty Fish pie:
For The Pie:
- 300g cod fillet or loin, skin removed and diced
- 300g salmon fillet, skin removed and diced
- 200g tiger prawns 1kg Maris Piper potatoes, mashed
For The Sauce:
- 570ml milk
- 50g butter
- 50g plain flour
- 250g Rachel’s Organic Greek Style Natural Yogurt
- Salt & Pepper
How To Make A Tasty Fish Pie:
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 5 and grease a suitable ovenproof dish.
- Using the milk for the sauce, add to a shallow saucepan and poach the fish, cook both sides for approximately 2 minutes. Drain and reserve the milk.
- Take another pan and melt the butter, add the flour to make a paste. Gradually add the reserved milk, constantly stirring to make a smooth sauce. Add the yogurt and seasoning.
- Place the cooked fish into the serving dish together with the prawns. Pour over the white sauce.
- Top the pie with the creamy mash potato.
- Cook for 40-50 minutes until the top is golden brown.
- Why not try adding a little more yogurt to the mashed potato, it makes it creamy and tasty.
*Recipe and photography by Rachel’s*
*No Payment was received*
What do you think?
Fancy making this fish pie up?
Why not try today or plan to make up for Fish Friday!?
If you have children and are looking to add more fish into their diets, I bet they would love this recipe?
Let me know your thought below in the comment box if you get to try out this recipe.
Don’t forget to follow along.