Recipe and image courtesy of Onken.
How To Make Roasted Cauliflower and Sweet Potato Salad.
Are you looking for a tasty sweet potato salad recipe? Today I am sharing this Roasted Cauliflower and Sweet Potato Salad.
A combination of sweet potatoes, cauliflower, sesame seeds, quinoa, onion and spinach leaves with a tasty yogurt dressing.
A substantial main course salad which makes a great packed lunch too.
Combining the creamy yogurt with the tahini gives it a great savoury flavour that goes particularly well with the sweetness of the potatoes.
How To Make Roasted Cauliflower and Sweet Potato Salad:
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
560g sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped into small cube
1 cauliflower, trimmed and cut into florets
45g coconut oil
2tsp smoked paprika plus extra to dust
2 tsp sesame seeds
Half a red onion, thinly sliced
2 tsp lemon juice
200g spinach leaves
For The Dressing:
100g Onken Natural Set yogurt
2 tbsp tahini
Finely grated zest of half a lemon and 2 tsp juice
1 tbsp snipped chives
How To Make:
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/fan180C/gas 6. Place the sweet potatoes and cauliflower in a large roasting pan.
2. Warm the coconut oil in a pan, combine with the smoked paprika and drizzle over the sweet potatoes and cauliflower. Sprinkle over the sesame seeds and stir well to coat. Roast for 25 minutes until just tender and beginning to brown.
3. Place the quinoa in an ovenproof dish alongside the vegetables to roast for 5 minutes.
4. Remove the quinoa from the oven and place in a small pan with 200ml water. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 10 minutes until tender and the water has been absorbed. Cook with the lid off for 1 minute until all the water has evaporated. Set aside to cool slightly.
5. Toss the onion in the lemon juice and set aside until required.
6. Combine all ingredients for the dressing.
7. Place the roasted vegetables in a large serving dish, toss with the spinach, scatter with the quinoa, onion and any juices.
8. Dollop on the dressing and dust with extra smoked paprika. Serve warm or cool completely.
How To Make Roasted Cauliflower and Sweet Potato Salad. Recipe and image courtesy of Onken.
Let me know in the comments below if you would like to make this recipe or get to try it out.
You Might Also Like:
- Don’t Let The Sun Go Down On Me
- Kid From The Goonies Film: Street Art Saturday
- Ready For The Weekend: Bring It On
- Throwing My Outfit Back To Christmas
- Tell Me What You Did Last Weekend
- You Can Leave Your Hat On: Street Art Sunday
- Sometimes The Smallest Things Take Up The Most Room
- Heatwave And What To Wear When You Are Having One
- Flip Flops Are Fun But Sometimes Your Flip Flops!
- The Queen: Blue Mondays & London Street Art
- My Two Girls: Black And White Photo Project
- 25th Wedding Anniversary And Swan Street Art
- What I’m Wearing Wednesday: Wayback Wednesday Post
- I Never Look Back Darling, It Distracts From The Now
- 10 Fun Afternoon Tea Cup Cake Recipes To Try Out