Raspberry And Rose Meringue Roulade. Hello friends. So how are you today? Would you like to make a yummy cake recipe for the weekend!?
Just the outside of the meringue roulade has a little crunch, inside it is soft and mallow. This stunning dessert can also be filled and chilled for up to 4 hours before serving.
Table Of Contents:
- Firstly, Raspberry And Rose Meringue Roulade Ingredients.
- Secondly, Raspberry And Rose Meringue Roulade Method.
- Thirdly, More Recipe Ideas.
How To Make An Raspberry And Rose Meringue Roulade:
The meringue roulade has a slight crunch on the outside but is soft and mallow on the interior. This gorgeous dessert can also be prepared ahead of time and chilled for up to 4 hours.
- A tsp cornflour
- 1 tsp raspberry or white wine vinegar
- One tbsp Belvoir Raspberry and Rose Cordial
- 4 large egg white
- 250g caster sugar plus extra for sprinkling
- 15g flaked almonds
For The Filling:
- 300ml double cream
- 100ml Belvoir Raspberry and Rose Cordial
- 250g raspberries
- icing sugar to dust
- a few fresh rose petals to decorate, if liked
Equipment: 33x23cm (13x9in) Swiss roll tin
Preparation time: 20mins + cooling
Cooking time: 15mins Serves 8
How To Make Raspberry And Rose Meringue Roulade:
How To Make:
- Firstly, preheat the oven to 190oC/fan 170oC/Gas Mark 5. Lightly oil and baking parchment line the tin, folding it neatly into the corners. Lay a second piece of baking parchment out on top of a clean damp tea-towel sprinkle over a thin layer of caster sugar. Mix the cordial, cornflour and vinegar and together.
- Use an electric whisk to whisk the egg whites in a large grease-free bowl until they are stiffly peaking – you should be able to tip the bowl upside down without the eggs moving! With the whisk still running, gradually add the caster sugar, adding it a tablespoonful at a time until the mixture is thick and glossy. Then whisk in the cornflour mix.
- Spoon the meringue mixture into the paper lined tin, easing it gently into the corners. Scatter over the almonds. Bake in the centre of the oven for 10 mins, or until risen and just lightly coloured. Reduce the oven temperature to 170oC/fan 150/gas Mark 3 and cook for a further 5 mins until lightly crunchy and beginning to crack.
Remove From Oven:
- Remove from the oven, and then carefully invert the tin onto the sugar sprinkled baking parchment. Carefully lift off the tin and leave to cool for 1 hour.
- To finish: Carefully peel off the paper from the meringue. Put the raspberries in a bowl and spoon over 3 tbsp of the cordial, stir well. Pour the cream into a large bowl, add the remaining cordial and whisk until soft peaks form.
- Spoon the cream onto the meringue, spreading it with a palette knife. Scatter over the raspberries and juices. Roll up the meringue, starting with one of the narrowest edges and using the paper and teacloth to help. Transfer to a serving plate and remove the paper and tea-towel.
- Last but not least, serve chilled.
Raspberry And Rose Meringue Roulade. So what do you think about this Raspberry And Rose Meringue Roulade recipe? Do you also fancy making one?
*Recipe and recipe photography by Belvoir * *No Payment was received* Updated Post. First published here 20th of August 2016.
You Might Also Like These Roulade Recipes:
Heritage Breeds Cranberry Meringue Roulade. Firstly, are you looking for a nice and quick to make dessert, that will impress your friends or family?
How about making one of these Heritage Breeds Cranberry Meringue Roulade?
This dessert is perfect for those of us that want something delicious but also something that is quick and simple to prepare. Heritage Breeds Cranberry Meringue Roulade.
BerryWorld Cranberry Meringue Roulade with Cointreau Orange Cream. Secondly, how delicious!? A perfect winter party dessert, this cranberry roulade looks fabulous, festive and fun.
Fresh and light, the tartness of the cranberries compliments the sweetness of the meringue beautifully. Plus it’s quick to make and can be frozen, making easy entertaining simple. BerryWorld Cranberry Meringue Roulade With Cointreau Orange Cream.
How To Make A Black Forest Gateau Roulade. Thirdly, Black Forest Gateau Roulade, how yummy!? With Autumn, the build-up to Christmas begins.
Give yourself a head start and choose this stunning Black Forest Gateau Roulade for your Festive Feast – also, you can’t go wrong! How To Make A Black Forest Gateau Roulade.
BerryWorld Strawberry Meringue Roulade With Mascarpone:
BerryWorld Strawberry Meringue Roulade With Mascarpone. Fourthly, anyone? This is a light yet decadent dessert. So yummy.
The crisp and chewy meringue encases a rich strawberry and mascarpone cream filling, and the almonds around the outside also add a delicious crunch. BerryWorld Strawberry Meringue Roulade With Mascarpone.
Fifth, Ginger Pumpkin Pie: Great Recipe For Autumn And Halloween. We couldn’t resist adding just one sweet recipe, but we think you’ll be pleased we did! Don’t worry too much about getting rid of all those seeds.
Once cooked the roasted pumpkin is pushed through a sieve, to make a silky smooth, spiced filling. You could also use butternut squash and enjoy ‘pumpkin’ pie all year round. Ginger Pumpkin Pie.
Sixth, Belvoir’s Give Peach A Chance Cocktail: How To Make. Fancy trying this Belvoir’s give peach a chance drink recipe? Belvoir’s Give Peach A Chance Cocktail: How To Make.
Raspberry And Rose Meringue Roulade:
Seventh, How To Make Belvoir Fruit Farms Cranberry Cupcakes And Raspberry Blush. Greetings, friends. Cakes! What a delicacy!
So, raise your hands if you, too, enjoy cake. So it’s not just me? Because my hands are both up in the air. Do you want to learn how to prepare these delectable treats?
I’m also sharing this delectable gin recipe. Are you a gin fan? Yes, I do. I do, however, enjoy a nice cocktail recipe. It’s very delicious when served with afternoon tea. Especially when they’re together!! Preparation time: 20 minutes Cooking time: 20-25 minutes. Cranberry Cupcakes And Raspberry Blush.
Red Berry Meringue Roulade. Last but not least, another roulade. Add extra oomph to this already impressive dessert and finish with indoor mini sparklers or candles for a special birthday celebration. Red Berry Meringue Roulade.
See anything you like, because I know I do!!
You Might Also Like My Latest Posts?
So I hope you have enjoyed today’s post. So if you like, you can also share your thoughts here too in the comments below.