Credit: Aimee Ryan for Wallflower Kitchen Copyright: The Vegan Society, 2018.
Lemon Possets With Shortbread: Afternoon Tea. Hello friends, so how are you today? Lemon Possets with shortbread anyone? Ultra creamy lemon puddings with sweet, crumbly shortbread cookies – also perfect for dipping! So yummy.
How To Make Lemon Possets With Shortbread:
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Ingredients For The Lemon Possets:
600 g silken tofu
Zest and juice of 2 lemons
120 ml agave nectar
4 tbsp coconut oil, melted
1 tsp vanilla extract
A few fresh raspberries, to serve
1 tbsp icing sugar, to serve
For The Shortbread Biscuits:
200 g dairy-free butter
125 g icing sugar
310 g plain flour
1 tbsp cornflour mixed with 2 tbsp cold water
2 tsp extract
1 tbsp dairy-free milk, if needed
How To Make:
For The Lemon Possets:
1. Blend all the ingredients, except the raspberries and icing sugar, together in a food processor until smooth.
2. Divide the mixture equally between 4 glasses and chill for at least an hour or overnight.
3. To serve, top with fresh raspberries, a sprinkling of icing sugar and 2 shortbread biscuits (see recipe below).
For the shortbread biscuits:
1. Preheat the oven to 180C and line two baking trays with baking paper.
2. Mix the dairy-free butter and icing sugar together in a large bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients, except the dairy-free milk.
3. If the mixture is too stiff, add the dairy-free milk to help thin it out until you have a soft but firm mixture.
4. Transfer to a piping bag with a large star nozzle. Pipe the mixture into small circular spirals. Starting from the outside, working your way in. Try and keep them all the same size!
5. Bake for approx 12-15 minutes until lightly golden.
Last but not least, leave to cool completely. Then enjoy.
Lemon Possets With Shortbread: Afternoon Tea
Recipe and images courtesy of: Credit: Aimee Ryan for Wallflower Kitchen Copyright: The Vegan Society, 2018.
So what do you think of this Lemon Possets With Shortbread recipe? Do you also fancy trying it? Because I know I do!
You might also like these recipes from The Vegan Society:
Mushroom & Leek Pie:
Firstly, Mushroom & leek pie, what a tasty combination!? Creamy mushrooms and leeks encased in a crispy, golden pie crust. Delicious, filling and a great choice to serve to both vegans and meat-eaters! The pie is filling and features vegetables encased in a crispy, golden pie crust. Mushroom & Leek Pie. So tasty.
Creamy Pea Soup:
Secondly, are you looking for a nice and tasty soup recipe to try out? Creamy pea soup anyone? A simple but flavourful soup that can be ready in minutes! Creamy Pea Soup. So creamy.
Balsamic Roasted New Potatoes With Asparagus:
Last but not least, do you also fancy trying this Balsamic Roasted New Potatoes With Asparagus recipe out?
A flavourful side dish featuring seasonal asparagus and new potatoes. Salty potatoes paired with the subtle sweetness from the asparagus and balsamic vinegar make this utterly moreish. Balsamic Roasted New Potatoes With Asparagus. So tasty.
Thank you so much for stopping by. I also hope you like this post?