Recipe and photo credit by- Nielsen-Massey Almond Extract
Meringue Topped Mince Pies: One Or Two For Santa.
Fancy a twist on your usual Mince Pies?
This twist on the traditional mince pie recipe includes a light, fluffy meringue top.
How To Make Meringue Topped Mince Pies:
Preparation Time: 40 minutes
Baking Time: 20 minutes
250 grams plain white flour
100 grams butter (cold and cubed)
25 grams lard
3 tbsp golden caster sugar
400 grams mincemeat
Ice sugar (to dust)
2 free range eggs (whites only)
125 grams golden caster sugar
1 teaspoon Nielsen-Massey Almond Extract
Meringue Topped Mince Pies Directions:
1.) Place the flour in a large bowl and using your fingers, gently rub in the butter and lard until it resembles breadcrumbs.
(or place in food processor and whiz until it resembles breadcrumbs).
2.) Add 2-3 tbsp of ice cold water, a little at a time, until it comes together in a soft dough.
3.) Knead gently into a ball, wrap in cling film and chill for 15 minutes.
4.) Preheat the oven to 220 °C (fan 200°C, gas mark 7).
5.) On a lightly floured surface, roll out half the pastry until 3mm thick.
6.) Take a 7.5 cm fluted cutter and stamp out 24 circles and use to line a 12 hole bun tins.
7.) Place a heaped tsp of mincemeat into each pastry case.
7.) Bake 15 minutes until golden brown.
8.) Meanwhile, whisk the egg whites and a pinch of salt to medium peaks in a mixer, then gradually add the sugar and the almond extract.
9.) Whisk until stiff and glossy.
10.) Spoon the meringue onto the pies and bake for 3-4 minutes until meringue is lightly golden.
Meringue Topped Mince Pies Recipe and photo credit by- Nielsen-Massey Almond Extract
What do you think of these Mince Pies?
Fancy making some?
You Might Also Like:
- 11 Mince Pie Filling, Mince Pies How To Make Recipes
- 9 Different Mince Pie Recipes To Try Out This Christmas
- Homemade Mince Pies: Delicious & Simple To Make
- Mince Pies: Christmas Favourite With A Crumbly
- Primula Surprise Mince Pies: Great For Christmas Parties
- Easy Christmas Mincemeat: Mince Pie Filling Recipe
- Truvia Mince Pies And How Too Make Some For Yourself!
- Meringue Topped Mince Pies: One Or Two For Santa
- Honestly Healthy Mince Pies: Additional Christmas Recipe
- Ultimate Mince Pies With A Twist: Christmas Baking
- Orange And Cinnamon Crumble Topping Mince Pies
- Mincemeat and Mince Pies: Classic Christmas Treats
- Jumpers Back Out For This Crazy Cold May Weather
- Blogging Over A Decade & Another Lockdown Birthday
- Denim Jacket, Yellow Maxi Dress And A Beautiful
- 6 Pairs Of Earrings For Spring Summer 2021: UK Buy
- Chesterfield Crooked Spire In Springtime: Over 40 Style
- Saturday Night’s Alright For Fighting
- My Spring 2021 Footwear: This Weeks Friday Feet
- Light Blue Floral Maxi Dress With Light Blue Shoes
- Bee Kind, Bee Honest, Bee Positive, Over 40 Fashion
- All Dressed Up And Nowhere To Go: What I Wore
- Travel Plans To London But First, Let Me Take A Selfie
- The North Face Coat, Primark Jumper And Tu Clothing
- Every Day Of Your Life Is A Special Occasion
- Long Floaty Floral Maxi Dress And White Converse Shoes
- Green Floral Maxi Dress And A Visit To The Beach