Are you a cheesecake fan?
Do you love plums?
Looking for a nice treat for the week ahead?
If so, do you fancy making and trying out these Plum Beautiful Cheesecake Tarts?
They look delicious, don’t they?
These quick-to-make desserts are just the thing when you want to impress, without having to go to too much trouble. Result!
Plum Beautiful Cheesecake Tarts:
Preparation: 15 minutes
Cooking: 15 minutes
- 6 individual bought pastry cases
- 6 South African Flavorking plums, pitted and thinly sliced
- 100g cream cheese
- 2 tbsp Greek yogurt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 passion fruit
- 20g light muscovado sugar
- Fresh mint, to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, fan oven 160°C, Gas Mark 4.
- Put the pastry cases onto a baking sheet.
- Share half the sliced plums between the cases.
- Beat together the cream cheese, Greek yogurt, vanilla extract, lemon zest, caster sugar and egg yolk. Spoon into the pastry cases.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until set.
- While the cheesecake tarts are baking, put the remaining plums into a saucepan and scoop in the flesh from the passion fruit.
- Add the muscovado sugar and 3 tablespoons of water.
- Simmer gently for 3-4 minutes, then remove from the heat.
- Serve the tarts while barely warm, with the plum and passion fruit mixture spooned on top, decorated with mint leaves.
- If you like, use one large pastry case instead of individual ones – though you may have to bake this for a few minutes longer to set the cheesecake filling.
*Recipe and photograph by South Africa*
*No Payment was received*
What do you think of this Plum Beautiful Cheesecake Tarts recipe?
Try now or pin for another day.
Let me know your thoughts below in the comment box and don’t forget to follow along so you can keep an eye on all the lovely recipes I post here.