3 Thai Food Dinner Party Recipes.
Happy Friday. Are you looking for some tasty Thai recipes?
Today I am sharing 3 recipes with you. Perfect for a dinner party.
Thai food has rapidly grown in popularity, winning the hearts of discerning diners around the world. Thanks to the abundance of natural resources and an invaluable culinary heritage, Thai cuisine today is celebrated as one of the world’s most memorable dining experiences.
Thai Food Dinner Party Recipes.
The Department of International Trade Promotion, Ministry of Commerce, Royal Thai Government has therefore initiated the Thai Select to certify and promote authentic Thai cuisine, both Thai restaurant and ready-to-eat processed Thai food, around the world, as well as encouraging Thai restaurateurs and food producers to maintain their high standard.
There are 1,101 Thai Select restaurants around the world (as of January 2018) and 109 Thai SELECT restaurants in the UK and Ireland.
The certification of a Thai SELECT restaurant is divided into two categories based on decoration and service excellence: – Thai SELECT Premium indicates a degree of excellence of 5-star or higher.
The label is granted to restaurants that offer authentic Thai food of premium quality with luxury decorations and outstanding services. – Thai SELECT indicates a degree of excellence of 3 to 4 stars, awarded to restaurants serving fine authentic Thai foods.
Thai SELECT certifies food, but also the hospitality and atmosphere of restaurants.
They are recognised for their ambience, authenticity, cleanliness, quality of ingredients and service. The activities of Thai SELECT include the promotion of Thai food campaigns and festivals, which help increase the demand on Thai food consumption. This year’s UK restaurant campaign is running alongside the Thai New Year celebration (13th – 15th April) also known as Songkran. Find various restaurant promotions via our social media pages. Look out for the THAI SELECT stamp of approval. It assures you that delicious Thai cuisine is being served in a pleasant atmosphere, and with the famous Thai smile.
It’s not just a meal; it’s a journey into Thai culture.
3 Thai Food Dinner Party Recipes:
Hot and Sour Clam Soup:
Preparation and cooking time: 15 minutes
- 500ml chicken stock
- 1 pinch of Maldon sea salt
- 1 lemongrass stalk, cut into 4 pieces
- 4 Thai shallots, or 1 regular shallot
- 4 slices fresh galangal
- 2 bird’s eye chillies
- 4 Kaffir lime leaves, crushed
- 250g clams (or use mussels)
- 4 tbsp fish sauce
- 4 tbsp lime juice
- 1-2tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 tsp chilli jam oil
- 1 small pinch chilli powder
1. Bring the chicken stock to the boil in a large saucepan and add the pinch of salt. Bruise the lemongrass, Thai shallots, galangal and bird’s eye chillies by bashing them with a rolling pin. Add them to the saucepan with the lime leaves and simmer for 5 minutes.
2. Add the washed and purged clams (or mussels), cover with a lid and cook for 2-3 minutes when they will open (discard any that fail to open). Take off the heat.
3. Mix together the fish sauce and lime juice and share between 2 individual serving bowls.
4. Ladle the clams and broth into the bowls and garnish with coriander and spring onions, then add a dash of chilli jam oil. Add a sprinkle of chilli powder if you dare.
Grilled Beef Salad – Nahm dtok:
Preparation and cooking time: 20 minutes
- Pinch of sugar
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- Large pinch of chilli powder
- 300g sirloin steak or beef onglet
- 8 Thai shallots, or 2 regular shallots, sliced
- 1 Thai aubergine (or use 1 baby aubergine)
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander, chopped
- A handful of mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon ground roasted rice (dry-fry raw jasmine rice in a frying pan until nut brown, then put in the spice grinder, or crush with mortar and pestle)
1. Combine the dressing ingredients to give a pungently hot, sour and salty mixture.
2. Char-grill the beef to rare and rest for at least 10 minutes. Slice the beef and combine with the shallots, aubergine and herbs. Sprinkle with roasted rice. Serve with lettuce.
Hispi Cabbage with yellow bean and Thai garlic:
Preparation and cooking time: 10 minutes
- 1 Hispi cabbage (pointed cabbage)
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 2 tbsp garlic (ideally Thai)
- 1-2 tbsp soya bean paste
- Pinch white pepper
- 1 tsp demerara sugar
- Splash of hot vegetable or chicken stock
1. Slice the cabbage into manageable pieces from the top down, then shred.
2. Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan. Add the garlic and stir-fry until golden. Add the cabbage to the very hot wok and stir-fry until tender with some slight charring.
3. Get the breath of the wok (smoke) into the dish, add the soya bean paste, white pepper and sugar, with a little stock to moisten if need be.
3 Thai Food Dinner Party Recipes
Image and recipe courtesy of:
Discover your nearest Thai SELECT restaurant by visiting Thai Select
What do you think of these 3 Thai Food Dinner Party Recipes?
You might also like:
- Millionaires shortbread: After Running A Race Treats
- Warm Smarties Cookies Creative Thursday #Week5
- Cheese And Marmite Straws Anyone? How Tasty!!
- Apple And Pear Crumble: With A Simple Fruit Filling
- Valentine Cookies: Write Out I Love Your In Cookies
- Beetroot And Vanilla Cup Cakes With Rose Butter Icing
- Easy Peasy Lemon And Blueberry Tart: Tasty Treats
- Peach And Passion Fruit Cake And How To Make One
- 4th July Berry Waffles: American Independence Day
- Traditional Victoria Sponge Cake: Afternoon Tea Recipes