Piperade And How To Make Some For Yourself. Happy Tuesday. So do you have any fun plans for the week ahead?
Are you looking for a new breakfast/ brunch or lunch recipe to try out?
Do you fancy trying out this Piperade recipe out?
How yummy!? Especially great for brunch.
This recipe Serves 4
How To Make Piperade:
You will need:
3–4 tbsp olive oil
60 g gluten-free chorizo sausage, outer casing removed, thinly sliced
A large onion, diced
1 large red pepper, de-seeded and diced
Also 1 large green pepper, de-seeded and diced
2 large tomatoes, peeled, deseeded and diced
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 small red chilli, deseeded and membrane removed, finely chopped (optional)
8 large eggs, lightly beaten
4 slices brown or white gluten-free bread
salt and freshly ground black pepper
This Basque-inspired dish is a colourful, flavoursome and interesting way to enjoy scrambled eggs.
Ideal for brunch or a light meal.
How To Make Piperade:
1.) Firstly, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large, heavy frying pan over a medium heat.
2.) Fry the chorizo, onions and peppers gently for 10 minutes, or until the vegetables have softened.
3.) Add the tomatoes, garlic and chilli (if using), and fry until warmed through.
4.) Season the beaten eggs with salt and pepper, and slowly stir into the vegetables, loosely scrambling the egg to your desired firmness.
5.) Last but not least, toast the bread and generously butter or drizzle with olive oil. Arrange on four plates, top with a generous spoonful of Basque Scrambled Eggs and serve immediately.
Piperade And How To Make Some For Yourself:
So what do you think of this Piperade recipe? Do you fancy trying it out for breakfast, brunch or lunch?
Guest post: Recipe and recipe photography by The Genius Gluten-Free Cookbook by Lucinda Bruce-Gardyne (Vermillion, RRP £14.99).
Also let us know if you get to try it. Indeed you can join the conversation and share your thoughts below.
Why not try now or pin for later. See you again soon for some more tasty recipe ideas.
You Might Also Like:
Brunch Muffins With Poached Eggs, Asparagus Tips And Smoked Bacon:
Firstly, Mum will love this breakfast in bed. Runny egg, crispy bacon and fresh asparagus, a perfect dish to start Mother’s day.
Spinach, Ham And California Walnut Sunshine Cloud Eggs:
Secondly, do you fancy making some of these fun Spinach, Ham And California Walnut Sunshine Cloud Eggs for breakfast?
Latest From The Blog:
- Isle of Wight Tomato Shakshuka: Supper Sorted
- Chocolate Fondue That You Will Want To Share
- All Dressed Up With Nowhere To Go
- How To Make Apple Of Your Eye Pie…
- 20 Valentine Recipes To Try Out This Valentine’s Day
- The Photo Shoot With My Daughter: Black And White
- Pink Saturday And A Reminder Of Better Thing’s
- Do You Want To Build A Snowman: What I Wore
- Bohemia’s Top Tips On The Best Valentine’s Day Desserts
- Flashback Friday: London Travels With Mini Me
- Quick And Easy Shoe Re-Style For Valentines Day
- BerryWorld Strawberry and Almond Macarons: How To
- 10 Smoothie Bowl Recipes To Try Out This Week!!
- 12 Recipes For Veganuary: Recipe Inspiration To Try
- Teddy Coat, Bootleg Jeans & Trying To Find The Sunshine
Finally, lovelies; I hope you like this post?
If so, why not follow along so you never miss a post? So remember you can also share your thoughts here too in the comments below.