Piperade And How To Make Some For Yourself. Happy Tuesday. So do you have any fun plans for the week ahead?
Are you looking for a new breakfast/ brunch or lunch recipe to try out?
Do you fancy trying out this Piperade recipe out?
How yummy!? Especially great for brunch.
This recipe Serves 4
How To Make Piperade:
You will need:
3–4 tbsp olive oil
60 g gluten-free chorizo sausage, outer casing removed, thinly sliced
A large onion, diced
1 large red pepper, de-seeded and diced
Also 1 large green pepper, de-seeded and diced
2 large tomatoes, peeled, deseeded and diced
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 small red chilli, deseeded and membrane removed, finely chopped (optional)
8 large eggs, lightly beaten
4 slices brown or white gluten-free bread
salt and freshly ground black pepper
This Basque-inspired dish is a colourful, flavoursome and interesting way to enjoy scrambled eggs.
Ideal for brunch or a light meal.
How To Make Piperade:
1.) Firstly, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large, heavy frying pan over a medium heat.
2.) Fry the chorizo, onions and peppers gently for 10 minutes, or until the vegetables have softened.
3.) Add the tomatoes, garlic and chilli (if using), and fry until warmed through.
4.) Season the beaten eggs with salt and pepper, and slowly stir into the vegetables, loosely scrambling the egg to your desired firmness.
5.) Last but not least, toast the bread and generously butter or drizzle with olive oil. Arrange on four plates, top with a generous spoonful of Basque Scrambled Eggs and serve immediately.
Piperade And How To Make Some For Yourself:
So what do you think of this Piperade recipe? Do you fancy trying it out for breakfast, brunch or lunch?
Guest post: Recipe and recipe photography by The Genius Gluten-Free Cookbook by Lucinda Bruce-Gardyne (Vermillion, RRP £14.99).
Also let us know if you get to try it. Indeed you can join the conversation and share your thoughts below.
Why not try now or pin for later. See you again soon for some more tasty recipe ideas.
You Might Also Like:
Brunch Muffins With Poached Eggs, Asparagus Tips And Smoked Bacon:
Firstly, Mum will love this breakfast in bed. Runny egg, crispy bacon and fresh asparagus, a perfect dish to start Mother’s day.
Spinach, Ham And California Walnut Sunshine Cloud Eggs:
Secondly, do you fancy making some of these fun Spinach, Ham And California Walnut Sunshine Cloud Eggs for breakfast?
- Long Floaty Floral Maxi Dress And White Converse Shoes
- Green Floral Maxi Dress And A Visit To The Beach
- Zip Up Adidas Jacket, Skinny Jeans And Black Boots
- Spending Summer Days In Bakewell
- How To Style A Retro Rainbow Print D Buckle Belt
- Still Wearing My Teddy Coat From Winter: Fashion Over 40
- Spring Has Sprung But The Jumpers Are Back Out!!
- Gold Colour Cream Pearl Hair Clips: New In Today
- A Day Out In York: Way Back Wednesday Style Post
- Rose Gold Colour Crystal And Peach Flower Stud Earrings
- What If We Rewrite The Stars? 0ver 40 Fitness
- Getting My Summer Wardrobe Ready: Over 40 Style
- Ne’er Cast A Clout ‘Til May Be Out! Over 40 Style
- The Hardest Part Of Having A Dog Is Knowing
- Stacking Gold Colour Crystal Initial Bangle UK Buy
Finally, lovelies; I hope you like this post?
If so, why not follow along so you never miss a post? So remember you can also share your thoughts here too in the comments below.