Happy Tuesday. Any fun plans for the week ahead?
Are you looking for a new breakfast/ brunch or lunch recipe to try out?
Fancy trying out this Piperade recipe out?
This recipe Serves 4
How To Make Piperade:
You will need:
- 3–4 tbsp olive oil
- 60 g gluten-free chorizo sausage, outer casing removed, thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 large red pepper, deseeded and diced
- 1 large green pepper, deseeded and diced
- 2 large tomatoes, peeled, deseeded and diced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 small red chilli, deseeded and membrane removed, finely chopped (optional)
- 8 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 slices brown or white gluten-free bread
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
This Basque-inspired dish is a colourful, flavoursome and interesting way to enjoy scrambled eggs.
Ideal for brunch or a light meal.
How To Make:
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large, heavy frying pan over a medium heat.
- Fry the chorizo, onions and peppers gently for 10 minutes, or until the vegetables have softened.
- Add the tomatoes, garlic and chilli (if using), and fry until warmed through.
- Season the beaten eggs with salt and pepper, and slowly stir into the vegetables, loosely scrambling the egg to your desired firmness.
- Toast the bread and generously butter or drizzle with olive oil. Arrange on four plates, top with a generous spoonful of Basque Scrambled Eggs and serve immediately.
*Recipe and recipe photography by The Genius Gluten-Free Cookbook by Lucinda Bruce-Gardyne (Vermillion, RRP £14.99).
*No Payment was received*
What do you think of this Piperade recipe?
Fancy trying it out for breakfast, brunch or lunch?
Let us know if you get to try it.
Join the conversation and share your thoughts below.
Why not try now or pin for later.
See you again soon for some more tasty recipe ideas.