Are you following a meat-free diet and looking for a new tasty recipe to try out?
Want to know how to make Quorn Meat Free chicken pieces & quinoa stuffed pumpkin?
Simply follow the recipe below :
How To Make Quorn Meat Free Chicken Pieces & Quinoa Stuffed Pumpkin:
For the topping:
- 300g quorn Meat Free Chicken Pieces
- 1 pumpkin or 2 smaller ones
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp Ras al Hanout (Moroccan seasoning)
- ½ – 1 tsp Cayenne pepper
- 150g quinoa
- 2 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 500ml vegetable stock
- 1 pomegranate
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp natural yoghurt
How To Make:
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas Mark 5.
- Cut the pumpkin into 4 slices (or into 2 if using smaller ones) and scoop out the seeds. Brush lightly with half of the oil and bake for 20-25 minutes until tender but still holding shape.
- Heat the oil in a large pan and gently fry the onion for 5 minutes. Stir in the garlic, cumin, Ras al Hanout, Cayenne pepper and fry for a further 2 minutes.
- Stir in the quinoa, pomegranate molasses and vegetable stock. Bring to the boil then simmer or 10 minutes. Stir in the Quorn pieces and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add the fresh herbs and pomegranate seeds and mix well. Spoon the mixture into the pumpkin cavity and top with a dollop of natural yoghurt
Tip: The Quorn and Quinoa filling can be made in advance and frozen.
Recipe and image courtesy of Quorn Meat Free
What do you think of this How To Make Quorn Meat Free Chicken Pieces & Quinoa Stuffed Pumpkin recipe?
Fancy trying it?