Honestly Healthy Mince Pies: Additional Christmas Recipe. Hello friends.
Honestly Healthy Chef, Natasha Corrett, has created a special Christmas recipe for healthier Mince Pies. So would you like to make some too?
How To Make Honestly Healthy Mince Pies:
Serves 6 – 8
Mince Pie Filling:
1/2 cup of Dried Blueberry
1 cup of Sultanas
1/2 cup of Dried Sugar Free Cranberry
1 Orange Rind and half its juice
1/4 tsp of Grated Nutmeg
1 Lemon Rind
1 tsp of Cinnamon
3 tbsp of Agave
1/2 cup of Rice Flour
1/4 cup of Chick Pea Flour (gram)
1/4 cup of Corn Flour
4 tbsp of Coconut Palm Sugar
1/2 cup of Vegan Butter (Vitagquell)
1 tbsp Xantham Gum
Pinch of Himalayan Salt
1/2 tsp of Vanilla Essence
Honestly Healthy Method:
Preheat the oven to 170oC.
For The Pastry:
1.) Firstly, cream the butter, sugar and vanilla essence together in a bowl.
2.) In a separate bowl mix together both flours, xantham gum and salt.
3.) Now combine the content of both bowls and mix together with your fingers to form dough.
4.) Knead for a minute and then roll into a ball and wrap in cling film, leave this in the fridge for 30 minutes.
For The Filling:
1.) Combine all the ingredients and put them in the food processor or blender, pulse the ingredients until it is a rough consistency.
2.) Lay out your muffin tray and line with a little of the vegan butter.
3.) Roll the pastry on a rice-floured surface until 3mm thick.
4.) Then using a cutter, stamp out rounds and re-roll the trimmings to get 14.
5.) Use the cut-outs to line the base of the tins.
6.) Dollop 1 tbsp of mincemeat on each pastry cut out (don’t overfill as it will bubble out in the oven) then with a star-shaped cutter cut out 14 stars (or any shapes you would like!) and place over the top of the mincemeat pushing the edges of the stars down to the bottom pastry rim.
7.) Put the mince pies into the oven, after 15 minutes take the mince pies out of the oven and leave to cool.
8.) Last but not least, once cool dust the mince pies with rice flour.
Honestly Healthy Mince Pies: Additional Christmas Recipe:
So what do you think of these Honestly Healthy Mince Pies?
Fancy making some? Because I do!
Recipe and photo credit by- This is a free guest post by Honestly Healthy Food
You Might Also Like:
Mince Pies with a crumbly twist! …yum, yum… So yummy.
Firstly, Mince Pies.
Thirdly, Homemade Mince Pies.
Last but not least, Primula Surprise Mince Pies: Great For Christmas Parties.
- Bonmarché Printed Jersey Dress With Converse
- 4 Burgers Ideas For Your Summer BBQ Party
- A Battered Mars Bar And What I Really Thought
- 4 Coleslaw Recipes For Your Summer BBQ Party
- What I Wore Wednesday: This Week’s Link Up
- 5 Fun Drink Recipes To Try Out: Great For BBQ’S
- 1907 Link Up Your Favourite Posts This Week
- Snoobear: The Bears Of Sheffield & A Link Up
- 1207 Link Up Your Favourite Posts This Week
- 7 Recipe For Your Summer Picnics & Garden Party’s
- A Walk Up Mam Tor From Castleton In The Peak District
- Wonder Woman Was My Superhero: Who Was Yours?
- What I’m Wearing Wednesday: Wayback Wednesday Post
- 0507 Link Up Your Favourite Posts This Week
- A Few Of My Favourite Things: Weekend Link-Up
Honestly Healthy Mince Pies: Additional Christmas Recipe.
Finally, lovelies; I also hope you like this post?
If so, why not follow along so you never miss a post? So remember you can also share your thoughts here too in the comments below.