How To Make Red Velvet Heart Beet Pancakes. Happy Pancake Day. Are you planning on eating lots of pancakes today?
Red Velvet Heart Beet Pancakes anyone? Perfect for Pancake Day and for a lover’s Valentine’s Day breakfast.
How To Make Red Velvet Heart Beet Pancakes:
Deliciously fluffy American style pancakes get the Red Velvet treatment with the addition of sweet cooked beetroot.
Just perfect for sharing with that special someone.
Cooking: 20 minutes
3 small roasted beetroot, peeled and chopped (about 175g in total)
3 medium eggs, beaten
2 tbsp Lyles Golden Syrup
200g self-raising flour
1 tsp Dr Oetker Baking Powder
2 tbsp rapeseed oil for frying
75g cream cheese
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
4 tbsp Lyles Golden Syrup
You Will Need:
4 heart shaped heat-proof rings measuring around 9cm wide and 8cm long
How To Make This Recipe:
1. Place the beetroot in a bowl along with the milk and blend with a hand blender until perfectly smooth. Alternatively, you could do this in a blender for a smooth result. Once blended add the Golden Syrup, beaten eggs and whisk. Sieve in flour and baking powder and whisk well.
2. Oil your heart shaped rings and add a little oil to a heated frying pan. Place the rings in the pan and spoon some of the mixture in. Nudge the batter around to fill in all of the ring and don’t be tempted to overfill.
3. Gently cook for 3-4 minutes until just set, then carefully remove the rings, turn the pancakes over and cook for another 2-3 minutes or until cooked through. Keep warm whilst you cook the remaining pancakes.
4. Meanwhile, combine the cream cheese with the vanilla extract and 1 tbsp of the
Golden Syrup and beat well.
5. To serve, place two hearts on each warmed plate, add a spoonful of the cream cheese mixture and then drizzle with the remaining Golden Syrup.
You can use ready cooked fresh, vac-packed beetroot in natural juices for this dish if you don’t have the time to roast your own beetroot. The resulting colour will be a little less vibrant but the flavour will still be great.
How To Make Red Velvet Heart Beet Pancakes Recipe c/o Lyle’s Golden Syrup.
Lyle’s Golden Syrup: This flippin’ good pancake recipe is made using Lyle’s Golden Syrup, for more delicious recipes visit Lyle’s Golden Syrup.
What do you think of these Red Velvet Heart Beet Pancakes?
Fancy making some for your loved ones?
You might also like these recipes:
Pancake Roses: Creative Roses Bouquet You Can Eat:
Fancy making someone an edible bouquet of roses? I have not just a sweet recipe for you today. I have a work of art! How pretty are these pancake roses? Fancy making someone a bouquet of tastiness? Perfect to treat someone you love to these for breakfast. I would love someone to make them for me!! Pancake Roses.
Peanut Butter Pancakes With Salted Caramel Popcorn Sauce:
Why not both in one!? Enjoy the flavour of carrot cake – in a pancake! These are quick-to-make and a treat to eat. Enjoy the flavour of carrot cake – in a pancake! These are quick-to-make and a treat to eat. Carrot Cake Pancakes.
Let us know what you think of these recipes in the comments below.
Strictly Necessary Cookies
Strictly Necessary Cookie should be enabled at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings.
If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again.