Steve Smith’s Top Tips for Taking Advantage of Pumpkin Season. The arrival of autumn means one thing – pumpkins will be rolled out in their thousands to supermarkets isles across the country.
If you’ve had enough of carving Halloween faces into the winter squash, why not take advantage of the gloriously low pumpkin prices and make use of that fibre-rich flesh?
Pick up a pumpkin that feels heavy for its size, with a smooth, firm skin and get cooking!
Below Steve Smith, Head Chef at Bohemia persuades you to banish the bland pumpkin soup in favour of altogether more tasty options.
Steve Smith’s Top Tips for Taking Advantage of Pumpkin Season:
1. Pumpkin Pie:
If we can thank Americans for introducing us to a dessert, it’s Pumpkin Pie. Pumpkin Pie makes a delectable autumn treat and is served best with a dollop of fresh cream on top. For optimum results, spend an extra hour in the kitchen making your own crust – it will be worth it!
2. Pumpkin Pancakes:
Ditch the usual pancakes in favour of the pumpkin variety. Simply puree a cup of pumpkin and mix together with buttermilk along with the usual pancake ingredients to create a stack of perfectly fluffy pumpkin cakes.
3. Pumpkin Curry:
Combine pumpkin with chick peas and coconut for a delicious dinner for the whole family. Make this dish some time ahead of serving so that all the wonderful flavours can fully develop.
4. Pumpkin Risotto:
This resourceful take on risotto is a great dinner party dish. The pumpkin pieces add texture and substance to the popular rice dish, making it the ultimate autumn comfort food to enjoy on a cosy winter night. Pumpkin Risotto.
5. Pumpkin Loaf:
This healthy snack is the perfect alternative to a carb-heavy loaf cake. For those with a sweet tooth, a thick layer of cream cheese icing will take your loaf from healthy to heavenly in minutes.
What do you think of Steve Smith’s Top Tips for Taking Advantage of Pumpkin Season?
*Updated Post. First published here 23rd October 2018* This is a guest post: Tips Courtesy Of: Steve Smith Bohemia Bar & Restaurant, Green Street, St. Helier, Jersey JE2 4UH, Channel Islands
In September 2018, Bohemia was awarded 5AA rosettes for the second year in a row and now holds the record for being the first restaurant in the Channel Islands to receive this accolade. Bohemia was also ranked the 14th best restaurant in the whole of the UK in the Good Food Guide 2019 and at number 57 in Square Meal’s Top 100 Best Restaurants 2018.
Some More Posts That Might Be Of Interest:
- Visit To The Pumpkin Farm And Some Recipes To Try
- 9 Creepy And Scary Halloween Themed Recipes
- Step By Step Guide To 9 Freaky Halloween Eats
- 7 Monster Inspired Themed Halloween Recipe Ideas
- 4 Spooky Adult Halloween Cocktail Recipes To Try Out
- 9 Easy Halloween Cupcake Recipes To Bake With Kids
- 10 Spooktacular Halloween Themed Birthday Party Ideas
- Top Tips for Taking Advantage of Pumpkin Season
- Ultimate Halloween Cake: Chocolatey Red Velvet
- 7 Easy Halloween Cupcake Recipes To Scare Your Guests
- Happy Halloween: Wordless Wednesday A Batman
- Berry Scary Halloween Eyeballs: Easy To Make
- How To Make Strawberry Monster Mouths: Halloween
- How To Make Halloween Spook-gria: How Spooky?
- How To Make Spiderman Strawberries
Latest From The Blog:
- How To Make Apple Of Your Eye Pie…
- 20 Valentine Recipes To Try Out This Valentine’s Day
- The Photo Shoot With My Daughter: Black And White
- Pink Saturday And A Reminder Of Better Thing’s
- Do You Want To Build A Snowman: What I Wore
- Bohemia’s Top Tips On The Best Valentine’s Day Desserts
- Flashback Friday: London Travels With Mini Me
- Quick And Easy Shoe Re-Style For Valentines Day
- BerryWorld Strawberry and Almond Macarons: How To
- 10 Smoothie Bowl Recipes To Try Out This Week!!
- 12 Recipes For Veganuary: Recipe Inspiration To Try
- Teddy Coat, Bootleg Jeans & Trying To Find The Sunshine
- Watercress, Avocado And Lime Smoothie How To Make
- Watercress And Avocado Salad With Bacon And Apple
- BerryWorld Blueberry And Lemon Curd Muffins: How To