Photographs courtesy of Hartley’s Jam
10 Upcycled Jam Jars Ideas. Hello friends. So how are you today? Do you also like to recycle, upcycle and reuse old glass jars? #RecycleWeek
I also love to upcycle glass jars and Hartley’s Jam has kindly let me share some of their recycled jar ideas today, alongside some of my own ideas.
How cool can you make an old jam jar look with add flowers and planting bulbs into them? So cool, don’t you think? So here are some recycle jam jar ideas.
10 Upcycled Jam Jars Ideas: Creative jar DIY ideas.
Table Of Contents:
- Firstly, Adding Cut Flowers And Fruit Into Your Jars.
- Secondly, Growing Flowers, Bulbs Or Herbs.
- Thirdly, Growing Flowers.
- Fourthly, Bits And Bob Holders.
- Fifth, Candles Holders.
- Sixth, Homemade Jams, Marmalades And Chutneys.
- Seventh, Keeping Sewing Bits Together.
- Eighth, Creating Something Beautiful By Painting Them.
- Ninth, Popping Battery Little Lights Into Them.
- Tenth, Cutlery Holders.
10 Upcycled Jam Jars Ideas To Try Out:
Here Are 10 Upcycled Jam Jars Ideas: Also what a beautiful idea? Using old Hartley jam bottles: Simply wash out old jars and soak the jar in warm water to remove the outer label. Then let your imagination run wild.
1.) Adding Cut Flowers And Fruit Into Your Jars. Firstly, try slicing citrus fruit up and placed in the bottom of your old washed out jars, add some water to display, then add your favourite sweet little flowers. So how pretty is this idea? You can mix and match the colours of the fruit to go with your theme or flowers.
2.) Growing Flowers, Bulbs Or Herbs. Secondly, why not grow your own bulbs, flowers and herbs in them. Wash out the jars well, remove labels, fill with soil and them add seeds to your favourite flowers bulbs or herbs.
3.) 10 Upcycled Jam Jars Ideas To Try Out Growing Flowers. Thirdly, how about growing some flowers from scratch? Or popping some pre-started to grow flowers inside. How sweet do these flowers look?
4.) Bits And Bob Holders. Fourthly, how about cleaning some old jars out to fill bathroom bits and bobs into them? Cotton wool, cotton bud, cotton balls in the bathroom. Or maybe sweets, nuts, fruit or small biscuits? Fun idea to keep all pencils, crayons, rubbers, paperclips etc in.
5.) 10 Upcycled Jam Jars Ideas To Try Out Candles:
Fifthly, use as a candle or tea light holder. Or maybe floating candles?
6.) Homemade Jams, Marmalades And Chutneys. Sixth, old jam jars are perfect for making homemade jam, marmalade and chutney in. You can find a great range of jam and marmalade recipes here: Homemade Jam Recipes, Homemade Marmalade Recipes.
7.) Keeping Sewing Bits Together. Seventh, I can never find my sewing needle and cotton! Perfect for storing buttons, cotton, pins, needles and cotton inside for sewing.
8.) Creating Something Beautiful. Eight, try painting them, creating pretty patterns on them like butterflies? Glue pretty lace and ribbons on them. Sparkles and glitter always look great. Decorating glass jars, how much fun!
9.) Popping Battery Little Lights Into Them. Ninth, using them as mini lights. These look beautiful and perfect for dark evenings.
10.) Cutlery. Last but not least, why not pop your cutlery inside them? One set for each table setting?
10 Upcycled Jam Jars Ideas To Try Out:
Also, photographs courtesy of Hartley’s Jam.
Also remember these ideas for National Gardening Week (next week 11th-17th April). 10 Upcycled Jam Jars Ideas. What a great idea to try out!? Because I love all these ideas.
You can make your own little garden on a windowsill full of jars. So what do you think of these Upcycled Jam Jars ideas? Do you fancy making any of these ideas?
Also, for all my upcycle ideas you can find them here: Upcycled. So what else would you pop into old jars?
You Might Also Like:
- Firstly, Homemade Strawberry Jam. So yummy! This jam is also a real treat at breakfast time, served over your toast or crumpets. Homemade Strawberry Jam: A Real Breakfast Treat.
- Secondly, Blackberry And Apple Chutney: Great With Turkey. Also great with chicken! Blackberry And Apple Chutney.
- Thirdly, Fig and Caramelized Pecan Preserve: Figs In Jam. If you love figs, this is the jam for you! Try it in a sandwich with sliced Brie or Cheshire cheese, or simply enjoy it on toast or crumpets. Fig and Caramelized Pecan Preserve: Figs In Jam.
- Fourthly, Delicious And Simple Homemade Jam And Chutney. Yes, please! Just because, it sounds great! This year’s crop of British berries is a bumper one, thanks to the wet summer in 2012 followed by this year’s hot, sunny one. Delicious And Simple Homemade Jam And Chutney.
Classic Orange Marmalade: Great For Toast:
- Fifthly, Classic Orange Marmalade: Great For Toast. So yummy on toast. So I am sharing a guest post; zesty orange marmalade recipe from Tate & Lyle. Classic Orange Marmalade: Great For Toast.
- Sixth, Long Life Raspberry And Bergamot Jam With Love. Also love jam on toast. To celebrate the Queen’s 90th birthday in June, Friends of Glass, the community that supports glass packaging, has teamed up with blogger Honest Mum to create a recipe to tickle her Majesty’s taste-buds. Long Life Raspberry And Bergamot Jam With Love From Friends of Glass.
- Seventh, Mojito Lime Marmalade With A Hint Of White Rum. So sassy! Get your mojo going with the sharp, sassy flavour of this lime and lemon marmalade with its hint of white rum and mint. So tasty!! Mojito Lime Marmalade With A Hint Of White Rum.
Whisky Sour Marmalade: Grown Up Marmalade:
- Eighth, Whisky Sour Marmalade: Grown Up Marmalade. So grown up!! Enjoy the grown-up taste of marmalade with a hint of whisky with this Whisky Sour Marmalade. Whisky Sour Marmalade: Grown Up Marmalade.
- Ninth, How To Make Tomato And Chilli Jam. So different! This barbeque season, put down the bottle of generic tomato ketchup and surprise your guests with something a little more original. How To Make Tomato And Chilli Jam.
- Last but not least, How To Make Earl Grey’s Blueberry Jam. So posh! Also, maybe even a cup of Earls Grey!? Or a great jam topping for any time of the day. Because who does not like a spoonful of jam on their afternoon tea scone too? How To Make Earl Grey’s Blueberry Jam.
You Might Also like My Latest Posts? (Updated post. First published here 10th April 2016). Thanks so much for stopping by here today. Also, hit the tags if you are looking for any more recipes. Also share you thoughts in the comments below.