Today I have an Easter Egg Surprise recipe to share with you By Selasi Gbormittah.
This recipe is by Great British Bake Off’s Selasi featuring Vita Coco Coconut Oil.
How To Make An Easter Egg Surprise:
4 empty duck egg shells, washed and dried.
Edible gold spray or gold paint
Edible gold glitter
10 ml vodka
1 tbsp. melted Vita Coco Coconut Oil
2 ripe avocados, peeled, stoned and chopped
150g 51% min dark chocolate
3-5 tbsp. Vita Coco Coconut Milk
½ tsp vanilla bean paste
50g white chocolate, shaved with a peeler
How To Make:
1. Carefully cut the top of the egg with an egg topper. If you do not have this, use a sharp knife (You need to keep the whole shell intact).
Pour out the egg into a clean bowl.
2. If you use a knife, use a nail file to smoothen the eggshell. Place the eggshells into a bowl of soapy water and gently use your fingers to brush the inside, removing the egg membrane.
3. When cleaned and dried, mix some vodka with gold dust and paint on eggshells or spray with gold paint. Add glitter and gently place in an egg box to dry.
4. Melt the chocolate with the Vita Coco Coconut Oil in a bowl over a pot of boiling water. Make sure the water is not touching the bowl or else this can burn or become grainy. Stir and when completely melted, set aside to cool.
5. Whizz together the avocado and melted chocolate in a food processor until smooth, whilst adding the milk. Continue to blend until you have a mousse-like consistency.
6. Fill a piping bag with a round nozzle. Pipe the mousse into the egg shells to the top.
7. Top with the white chocolate shavings.
8. Chill until ready to serve.
Recipe and image courtesy of:
Selasi Gbormittah &Vita Coco
What do you think of this Easter Egg Surprise recipe?
Fancy trying this recipe out?
You might also like these recipes By Selasi Gbormittah:
Strictly Necessary Cookies
Strictly Necessary Cookie should be enabled at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings.
If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again.