Popcorn Brains With Maggots: Halloween Recipe. Hello friends, so how are you today? Fancy trying out these; Popcorn Brains With Maggots?
Try gorgeously gruesome sticky ginger cakes with popcorn topping- squirming with icing maggots! How freakishly nice?
Table Of Contents:
- Firstly, Popcorn Brains With Maggots Ingredients.
- Secondly, Popcorn Brains With Maggots Method.
- Thirdly, Other Recipe Ideas.
How To Make Popcorn Brains With Maggots:
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
- 100g butter
- 110g light muscovado sugar
- 60g Lyle’s Black Treacle
- 60g Lyle’s Golden Syrup
- 175g plain flour
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 150ml milk
- 1 level tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 150g cream cheese
- 2 tsp icing sugar
- 2-3 drops green food colouring
- 100g sweet popcorn
- 30g white fondant icing
- 2-3 drops yellow food colouring
- Lyle’s Strawberry Squeezy Syrup, for drizzling
How To Make Popcorn Brains With Maggots:
- Firstly, preheat the oven to 190°C/Fan 170°C/Gas Mark 5. Put 12 cup cake cases into a muffin tin.
- Put the butter, sugar, black treacle and golden syrup into a saucepan and heat gently until melted. Don’t allow the mixture to get too hot. Cool slightly.
- Sift the flour, salt and ginger into a mixing bowl. Add the melted mixture and beaten egg, stirring them in thoroughly.
- Heat the milk until lukewarm, then add the bicarbonate of soda. Stir them into in the mixing bowl. Transfer to a jug and pour into the cake cases. Bake for 22-25 minutes until risen and firm. Cool on a wire rack.
- For the topping, mix the cream cheese and icing sugar with 2-3 drops of green food colouring. Spread onto the cakes and top with popcorn arranged to resemble brains.
- Colour the fondant icing with 2-3 drops of yellow food colouring, then roll tiny pieces into shapes to look like maggots. Arrange on the cakes and serve, drizzled with Lyle’s Strawberry Squeezy Syrup.
Cook’s Tip: Make 20 smaller fairy-cake buns if you prefer, baking them for 20 minutes.
Popcorn Brains With Maggots: Halloween Recipe
Guest post: Popcorn Brains With Maggots. This recipe is made using Lyle’s Golden Syrup, for more delicious recipes visit: Lyles Golden Syrup.
So what do you think of this Popcorn Brains With Maggots recipe? Do you also fancy trying it?
You Might Also Like:
Firstly, How To Make Halloween Monster Cupcakes. Are you looking for a fun Halloween monster cupcake recipe? How about making some of these fun and scary cupcakes? How To Make Halloween Monster Cupcakes. So scary.
Secondly, Ultimate Halloween Cake. This chocolatey red velvet cake is also a real showstopper. It would make a great addition to your party food this Halloween, Especially as a table centrepiece. Ultimate Halloween Cake. So yummy.
Thirdly, Halloween Cupcakes With Chocolate Fudge Icing. These chocolate cupcakes, decorated with pumpkins and spiders’ webs, are ideal for enjoying over Halloween. Halloween Cupcakes With Chocolate Fudge Icing.
Fourthly, Mummies Revenge. Gingerbread men are coming to haunt you! Mummies Revenge: Halloween Gingerbread Mummies. So much fun.
Gluten Free Chocolate Orange Halloween Cookies:
Fifth, Gluten Free Chocolate Orange Halloween Cookies. Terrifyingly yummy, these chocolate orange-flavoured cookies will tickle your taste buds for a little Halloween treat. Gluten Free Chocolate Orange Halloween Cookies.
Sixth, Happy Halloween: #WordlessWednesday. Wordless Wednesday A Batman Inspire Cut Out Pumpkin. Happy Halloween: #WordlessWednesday.
Seventh, Berry Scary Halloween Eyeballs: Kids Treats. Berry Scary Halloween Eyeballs- Easy to make and perfect for kids these spooky eyes are a great Halloween treat. Berry Scary Halloween Eyeballs: Kids Treats.
Eighth, How To Make Strawberry Monster Mouths. These ghoulish scare-berries are perfect to make for Halloween parties. So make sure you don’t give your friends a fright! How To Make Strawberry Monster Mouths: Halloween Treats.
How To Make Halloween Spook-gria:
Ninth, How To Make Halloween Spook-gria: How Spooky? In particular, are you looking for a drink for the adults? If so I have a fun recipe to share with you today. So take a look at this cool Halloween-themed cocktail and see if you fancy giving this recipe a go! How To Make Halloween Spook-gria.
Tenth, How To Make Spiderman Strawberries. Do you also fancy making them some of these fun Spiderman Strawberries as a surprise birthday or Halloween treat? How To Make Spiderman Strawberries.
Eleventh, Berry Spooky Halloween Cupcakes. Simple to make cupcakes that make a huge impact, a trick and a treat all rolled into one! So much fun to make. Berry Spooky Halloween Cupcakes: Scary Party Food.
Twelfth, Halloween Berry Heavenly Graveyard Puddings. The indulgent mousse is perfectly complemented by fresh berries so not only do they make a big impact, they taste out of this world too. Halloween Berry Heavenly Graveyard Puddings. So cool.
Bloodshot Eye Balls: All The Better To See You:
Thirteenth, Bloodshot Eye Balls: All The Better To See You. Watch out for these delicious cakes – because they’re keeping an eyeball on you! Bloodshot Eye Balls: All The Better To See You.
Fourteenth, Lyle’s Sausage Rockets: Bonfire Night Special. So perfect for any Halloween or bonfire parties you might be planning. Also great for space birthday party themes. Lyle’s Sausage Rockets: Bonfire Night Special.
Fifteenth, Top Tips for Taking Advantage of Pumpkin Season. If you’ve had enough of carving Halloween faces into the winter squash, why not take advantage of the gloriously low pumpkin prices and make use of that fibre-rich flesh? Top Tips for Taking Advantage of Pumpkin Season.
Last But Not Least, 40 Scary Halloween Party Recipe Ideas. Because Halloween baking can be such fun! Especially if you have little ones around to help you. 40 Scary Halloween Party Recipe Ideas To Try Out. So many ideas.
Also follow along on Pinterest for more Halloween recipe ideas.